Reviews for How To Be A Cross Dresser
Be My Valentine chapter 4 . 3/10/2015
I welcome the new spins you're using. But I'm seeing so many tropes. Lacey super bitchy ex. Ryan arrogant jackass. Tristan the guy who always comes second. Brody Jeremy! (Sorry, the happy-go-lucky type...). Just involve a bitchy mother-in-law (okay the arrogant jackass's mother) and you've got yourself the typical kdrama!

You even have a coma! Like an actual character who goes into a coma! And then he wakes up and has amnesia :P

To be fair, I don't know if I would've given this rating if I'd never watched a kdrama in my life but this is 100/10. And I do like Riley's POV a bit more than Ryan's, but it's all good round fun!
Be My Valentine chapter 3 . 3/10/2015
I absolutely adore the humorous undertone in this story - it's right up my street. I love how Blue is making Riley sing "Halo" and now "I will always love you." His SOH is very twisted, but I'm laughing all the same! And then I all but gasped, when Cracker called Riley "she." That will definitely put a seed of doubt into Blue's mind (I should know, since I've seen the original.)

But I have to say - you are really putting YOUR stamp on it. And I'm enjoying myself so much! I feel tempted to fav so early!

And of course Corey's put into the band, but I bet something comes up that will make him drop out!
Be My Valentine chapter 2 . 3/10/2015
The mum speaks Korean?
Glaring references become even more...glaring.
Be My Valentine chapter 1 . 3/10/2015
I've always had a thing for cross-dressing films/stories/dramas. I died and went to heaven, when I discovered korean drama, like "You're Beautiful" etc etc. In fact, this chapter mimicked what happened in that drama fairly heavily, and then you mentioned the MC liking asian boys! And you called her "Riley Kim." Kim is a common South-Korean surname.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but I feel like I'm spotting a lot of references.

And I love it
Guest chapter 11 . 7/12/2014
NOOOO PLEASE NO HIATUS
Nooooooo
Okay whatever just please I need to know what happens !
Aquade chapter 11 . 3/28/2014
It's almost time for them to play in a concert! Can't wait!

Question: Are you going to continue soon?
oboeaa4 chapter 11 . 12/15/2013
Please please please please add more?
Dreaminglight chapter 7 . 7/17/2013
So... I guess the other person Ryan likes is a fake guy named Riley Kim? Just a wild guess -_-
Dreaminglight chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
That is the funniest audition i have ever heard or read about. Claaassic! hahaha!
Annything chapter 11 . 7/1/2013
My last review debt! I can say now that my email has only one story notification left. (Not yours and it only showed up a few hours ago)

OH, SNAP. SHE'S GOT TO LIVE WITH THEM! Lol, no, I don't think it's that bad. Actually, yeah, I don't like getting all panicky over cleaning up after myself. Like, leaving shit on the counter and clothes and towels everywhere is my THING. It makes me feel homey. And, lol, think of living with guys. asdfghjkl. Poor Riley.

Ah. I love stories where girls are impersonating as guys. Have you seen She's The Man? Funny movie and it's about-Wait, I feel like I already talked about this movie. Or at least Amanda Bynes. I feel like I have recently spoken of Grade A White Trash. I miss the old Amanda.

Aww, they're all poking fun at Riley. It's so funny though, so. Yeah. Justified, right?

Oh god. Riley is so awkward. xD

OH. THAT WAS CLOSE ON THE ID. LOLOL. She's smooth. That's when I would've been found out. Although I would've been found out way before that. Mostly because my voice is EXTREMELY high pitched and feminine.

In my head Corey will forever be black. This is because on That's So Raven he was Raven's brother. And they were all black. Except for Chelsea. And she was a dumb bitch. WHITE TRASH!

[ "Ah, well, YOLO. I'll just eat it, hell."] HE SAID YOLO! HE SAID YOLO!

I noticed a contradiction. Earlier in the chapter Riley says she's never been farther than Hawaii and at the end she says [Hell, I don't even like visiting my relatives in Korea.] Maybe that's not what you intended to mean? But, even so, it's important to clarify hazy details or to fix contradicting information. Writing is all about conveying stories or events or any information in a way that is easy to read and with enough details to get the full information on the story.

Also, the thing that struck out the most to me was the pace of the chapter. You start the chapter learning of the tour, then a week passes and you get on a bus, then you check into the hotel, and then they're leaving by the end of the chapter. It went a little too fast. I mean, we didn't know of the tour before this chapter and now we're well on our way. It wouldn't have been a problem though if there were more details to go further on her emotions about the tour, her anxiety while waiting for the day to leave, getting nervous on the way to the hotel, feeling distant and spacey during the stay at the hotel, etc. I think you could've really done something dramatic with that hotel scene, something with Ryan and Riley. Not finding out her sex or anything, but something just plain DRAMATIC. You are good at the dramatic scenes. I can totally tell you're thinking of something right now.

I notice this all the time: your character consistency. Good thing right there. Sometimes when authors force themselves into a different role, it doesn't work out for them and they don't realize they're switching back to their comfortable roles. Sometimes comfortable roles are the best. Stepping outside of your comfort zone could forsake the quality. Good betas should spot character inconsistency at some point (just saying, not that you need a beta for something you're already good at, lolol. I dunno where I was going with this).

I liked that ending. A lot. It hit me really hard. Inside I just went, "Aww, Riley!" It wasn't really a cliffhanger but it made me want more. I think that's a really cool way to end a chapter, especially if you're on hiatus.

I hope you'll get more time to update during summer! You used to update your stories nearly every week, didn't you? It was amazing to me. Like, whoa, how can you do that? xD

Hope the hiatus comes down soon. c:
Chocolatepinkgum chapter 11 . 6/28/2013
I like this story a lot. The building rattles- that made me laugh. Thank you, young author. Ryan certainly exaggerates when talking about isabella.
Lauren Stargazer chapter 11 . 6/10/2013
I'm just a little but disappointed that this story is on hiatus. It's wonderful and I find it just plain funny. Oh well. It seems like I will just have to be patient for a little bit longer. Plus, it's not like you are just abandoning this story. Gotta think positive.
Anyway, great chapter! I wonder how much longer Riley will be able to keep her secret.
Keep up the great work! I'll be patiently waiting to see what happens next.
Andromeda Luna chapter 11 . 6/10/2013
Yay! A chapter! With bad strawberries! Oh I love it!
Hammsters chapter 11 . 6/6/2013
Yay! An update! And to be honest, I don't really care if it takes a while for you to post a new chapter, because I'm not on this website all that often anyway. This is great, as usual, update...at some point in the semi-near future! That really doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
AmericanBeauty-AmericanPsycho chapter 11 . 6/4/2013
I like it. I like it. I like it.
I hope you decide to post soon anyways - cause you love me so much 3