Reviews for Forgive Me Mother, For I Have Sinned
ajashire1 chapter 1 . 6/13/2015
I think it was the snarky teenage boy
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, a judge wrote this review: Two words came to mind after I finished reading this one-shot: Holy cow. It's so intense and powerful; I fell in love with it, even though I usually shy away from stories that depict prostitutes/strippers/what-have-you.

It's about a stripper named Melrose or Chloë or Rose-all three are used in the story. It chronicles three of her experiences with men, the three experiences that she (warning: language) gave any "fucks" about. Each are unique-the first is a man celebrating his bachelor party, the second is a man who is rough and easily the most sexual of the three, and the last is a "regular," though they talk as friends while she dances all over him.

Mardy Bum lays the scene for the reader perfectly; she depicts the setting as it is: harsh, real, and dark. I'd never given much thought to what a strip club would be like, but if I had, I think this description is pretty spot on. Melrose/Chloë/Rose has the perfect narrative voice. It's matter of fact; she does what she does and knows that it's maybe not what every little girl envisions growing up to be. It also fills you with a feeling of hopelessness. Throughout the story, the main character addresses her mom, which was an amazing tactic for Mardy to use. Although Melrose/Chloë/Rose was not an entirely innocent character, this detail really showed the reader her depth and that she was still a child, and she still yearned for that happy ending. Overall, the story was a beautiful, haunting read that definitely left me with way more thoughts in my head than I needed. It's not exactly a light, fluffy read, but I wholeheartedly recommend taking a few minutes of your time to read it.
Veronica Fay chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Wow. This was really amazing. I loved how you took this and turned it into something so unique and different and to do it in a one shot!
reviewer chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
did she just hurl herself off the bridge? or maybe I missed the point entirely lol
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Mardy Bum, you may not know this but I love stories that look at a side of life no one really likes and then manage to make it seem almost glamorous... And boy, did you manage that beautifully here! It's kind of dark, gritty and downright unique. Fabulous writing. Seriously, I applaud you and your flawless skills! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Hands-down the best one-shot I have ever read. I love how Melrose/Chloë/Rose is so real. When she hurts, I hurt. When she feels emptiness, so do I. The ending left me wanting more, and I was more than satisfied. You have so much talent!
Steph T chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Wow, that was amazing, I only wish I knew which one met her again.
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Wow :D That was great! Only you could take a hooker and make her story into something beautiful. Great voice, great writing, loved the concept. Way to go, Mardy! I'm glad you won the prompt.
S. Vesper chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I've read all your stuff, but this girl's fate was beautifully rendered in very poignant language. I still cant believe that the story I adored all of three years ago was written by a thirteen yr old!
If you don't pursue a career in writing, it would be a shame. :)
bobsaysyes chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
This was really good, I love your writing! By the way, that ending was evil, I mean jeez now I have to guess who it was, and I'm no good at guessing. Anyway, I just wanted to say good job :)
Monkeybutt1234 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Wow this is amazing I love how it's addressed to her mum. I seriously wish I was capable of writing something like this but I'm not. You should be really proud this...It's amazing. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
OHMYGOD! this was pure genius! i like dhow they were all nameless, the main characters... and that the less improtant ones had names. dded a pinch of something to it. I loved the tone- it's something I try every time, but can almost never wrote it perfectly. I like how they all mean different things to her, and that this is actually ddressed to her Mum. Tisted, actually, but so raw and full of emotion. Great jo- congratulations(:
rosieroo chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Oh my gosh, I should've known that you'd leave it on a cliffhanger! So evil! But seriously, huge congratulations on winning the SKoW prompt and coming up with something so creative! I was thinking of doing the prompt but I completely drew a blank - I definitely wouldn't have thought up something like this. I kinda like how it's about a stripper, in the way that it is so different. The way you portrayed her emotions was really great as well and seemed realistic. I also love how you've adressed the whole thing to her mum, making her seem a tad twisted.
My definite favourite was the 'brains' guy. He was like some kind of bad ass nerd! Anyway, once again, great work!