Reviews for Dark Poetry: A Look Inside the Soul
Nullbound chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
I find deterioration to be an aspect in this poem; loneliness is only one in many, as how I found it. As someone who feels the same way (yes, I'll be honest: I'm usually melancholic), I see this poem as the expression of someone who wants to speak out, call for help, look for closure... but cannot. The deterioration that I mentioned, affects anything and everything related to hope, ultimately, bringing forth those feelings for the like-minded.

I really choked out at the very last phrase "my voice is gone"; it showed the cruel hopelessness as the poem's ending factor.

Did I mention that you're really good with the rhyming? People tell me that a poem doesn't have to rhyme, while others debunk that idea. But I think of a poem as an expression, whether with words of writing or speaking, with feeling.

So don't worry; I consider this poem as a qualified piece, even if others care to disagree with my point of view :D
FyloeFox chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
I liked this one better than the others. I tend to like this style of poems which is how I do mine. One thing I liked was the truth to this, and the dark mood it has. I think the only piece to this I didn't really like is 'Alone is where the dead will rise' because it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest. It seems like it's there because it rhymes and it sort of broke up the flow, well for me it did. Still, I thought this was nice :)
Un-Ended Tales chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
I'm noticing that a big theme in your poems is loneliness and the fear of not having a voice. They are good poems, but I challenge you to write one where you are not alone. Maybe there is a light that shines through the dark, someone who is listening. Just a thought.

Other then that I like the idea of the three words. Keep writing. Poems are always a good way to get out emotion.
Un-Ended Tales chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I feel like this is a poem that is really reaching out to those in need. You go through the whole poem asking questions and saying how people don't care, but you care. Sometimes that is enough for someone to see that they aren't alone.
Un-Ended Tales chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
Have you ever tried writing a poem that doesn't rhyme. Just a little challenge for you there.

I like the idea of this poem. The whole innocence being a flower and slowly wilting away. Nothing lasts forever after all.

Your poems are like little bursts of emotion. Once again the ending was magnificent. Still the best part.

By the way, I like your title overall. 'A Look Inside the Soul' That's what a poem is after all, just a glimpse of the inner workings of a person and their other side. We all have other sides, our secrets.
Un-Ended Tales chapter 4 . 1/28/2013
I rather like this one. So far this is the one that speaks to me the most out of your poems. I haven't read the next to yet though.

I like the way you repeated the word alone. It helps the poem to build up on its way to the end. The ending of a poem is always my favorite part and yours ended with a stab to my heart. Don't worry that isn't a bad thing.

I'm getting an emotion of furry from most of your poems. It's good if that is the emotion you want your readers to feel.

Now I'm off to read the rest of them. Ta ta.
The Cloud's Essence chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
I've always had a fondness for short poems because they can convey many stories in such little words. It always brings my imagination to life. :') -That emoticon feels so out of place to me considering the poems. XD

P.S. These are good, so no need to feel down about them.
TooLong chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
I really liked both these freeverses, I feel like I can relate to some parts of them. Keep writing!