Reviews for Prom Date
addledwalrus chapter 1 . 10/23
I found this to be a rather intriguing story and you created quite some suspense with the way you wrote Danny's thoughts.

I am pretty confused by the ending, but I guess it's mostly just me.
Bluestarbutterfly chapter 1 . 3/13
Wow. This was an interesting story. When I first read it, I was like "Okay, another story about a guy falling in love with a girl," but to be honest, I was surprised at the end. I felt like there was a good message in the story. Like for example, Danny was wanting a date for the prom, but then, he was the date through a magic spell or something. He was seeing the world through the eyes of a girl and also he could see what the world was like if he was a girl. I felt sad about the friendship between Danny and Jenny changed. I don't know if that was what you were doing, but good job. The grammar was good. But could use a little more work. But then again, everyone has a different way of writing.
miracleff chapter 1 . 2/6
What a twist! I wasn't expecting that, and after the twist happened, the story picked up pace and was an enjoyable read. Keep it up:)
Wonderfall Wonderwall chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
It was definitely an interesting one. Not my usual cup of tea, but yeah it's really, uh, fucking long but it's a one shot. I do like some of the things you've done here, I think one of the things you should do is maybe make your characters more...relatable in the long run. I think for a one shot this works, but I think if you decide to write a long running story, work to make your characters and surroundings pop more.
angelinsydney chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
The story is well written. I congratulate you on a massive effort.

It is not my thing however so I'm afraid any critique I offer would be coloured by that.

Over four thousand words for a chapter is too long, but that's more a matter of opinion. It was a little slow so I speed read it.

I'd give it three stars.

Take care and carry on.
Sparklemaster58 chapter 1 . 2/7/2015
Great! :-)
rtcw chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
Hmm. This was really well written. I think your doing a great job. As far as I am concerned your writing is straight and to the point.
SilverCat64 chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
i thought it was really well written, better than anything i could have written anyway. there was a good amount of detail, it has a reeling plot, in other words a good read. i wouldnt change a thing. keep writting im positive it will get even better as you progress.
radicalgirl39 chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Good detail. Grammar is great. I love it!
Laurence Spencer chapter 1 . 1/8/2015
Very interesting concept and I am curious to see where it goes. A few things that could help it read better, such as breaking up the paragraphs a bit more so that they aren't blocks of text and can be read easier. It would be better to replace a lot of "The teenager" and "the boy" either with he or with Danny's name, since that is who you're talking about. And it's hard to see a high school senior having 600 dollars to drop on prom night... maybe somewhere around 200 to 250 is more realistic.
Zalinka chapter 1 . 1/8/2015
This is actually quite funny! Definitely an unexpected twist. I really can't find anything that I personally would change - Your grammar and diction are excellent. The only thing I might do would be to add, maybe, a couple paragraphs about whether or not the spell ends by morning or if Danny has to live the rest of his life as a girl. Otherwise, this is really good!
The CL chapter 1 . 1/8/2015
Let me preface this review by saying that this is not the type of story that I'd choose to read on my own but since you asked nicely for a review, here it is.

The story was very well written, grammar and punctuation all accounted for. Your writing is descriptive yet not to the point where it bogs the reader down, for me that's a plus. The story flows well and it's easy to get engrossed in it.

I'm not really a fan of the fantasy genre so most of my problems with the story are probably because of that so I won't go into detail on what I didn't like. The only thing I will point out is that I didn't care for the ending. If this is a complete story, it left me feeling unsatisfied. I'm not sure if there was a lesson in all of this for Danny (it felt like one of those stories that was out to teach the MC a lesson) and if there was what was it? What was I as a reader suppose to take away from this?

If you decide to revise or add another chapter I'll be back to read it because now it's stuck in my head and I need answers!
Lee Mona chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
This was impeccable and wonderful. The plot twist is groovy and unexpected. You have a stylistic writing style that I love. The stream of conscious is wonderful. This story is a ten out of ten. I wouldn't improve or change anything. Punctuation and grammar are on point. Great job I want you to keep on writing this! :). By the way one of the main characters in my story Four Friends One Dream's name is Danny too :)
Dcatpuppet chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I hope Danny will be able to fix this problem. Otherwise, this is a really good story.
christina chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Please update! You left me hanging on what happens next!
122 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »