Reviews for Prom Date
Ai-Hime chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Wow! That was a very interesting story. Your style of writing is very good! The story ended too abruptly for me though(I need more). Anyways, keep up the good work! :D
CapsGirl4EVER chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Wow, awesome. I just have one question... Where did you get this idea? Its so confusing, yet it drags your right in. I not an experienced wrighter but, man, you've got a wicked talent. KEEP IT UP!
ShatteredFallenAngel chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Very odd. But very well written. So uh is Danny back to normal now or is he trapped as a girl?
DaddyLongLegs44 chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
I'm not really interested in the supernatural or romantic genre but I read a little and your writing is great. To be honest I never went to prom and kinda felt like Danny at the beginning LOL. A ton of people do read this type of genre based material though so don't let my review bring you down. Just look at Teen Wolf and Harry Potter, list goes on and on. If you ever wright a story about any action/ adventure/ suspense with guns and loads of gratuitous mindless violence, let me know :)
R. Margaret chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Hi, I think you chose the wrong person to ask to review this story. I loathe fantasy and it isn't something I enjoy reading no matter the quality of the writing. Lol, I'm sorry. But, I can tell you that the writing of the story is superb, very visual and descriptive. I really like your style of writing and if you were to write a tragedy or horror, I would definitely read it!
Sepha chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
My jaw dislocated itself in amazement.
Amelia Wright chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
I really enjoyed this story! I think it's well written, it's engaging, and it's the kind of story that makes you care about the characters. I think the only complaints I have are that you use 'after all' a little too much. Also try to keep from using the same descriptive words in the same paragraph, as well. I have trouble with that myself so I get how hard it can be. Something that might help is if you look up words that have similar meanings, that way you have variety while still getting your point across. The other thing I thought needs work is the ending. It doesn't make very much sense in my mind. Is the spell now lifted when he felt that last bit of magic? Did Danny really hear Jenny's voice (telepathically or otherwise), or was he remembering a conversation he had with her? Is she a part of the spell? Maybe a magic user herself if she does speak to him telepathically? Anyway it raises questions that make the reader want to know more (which is good!), and I think you have a good beginning here.
CubicSoulstorm chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
The only thing I didn't like was the ending, unless you plan to continue this story. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing this was a great read 4/5 stars from me
NightLoverxBrokenHearted chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I love how you did the spell, it seemed to work out perfectly with this story. Please continue to write!
Purplehamsterz chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I really liked this! :) It had a good mixture of both funny and darker moments, and I was easily able to relate to Danny. I found the twist to be very interesting: I liked how although he did get that 'dream night', it was overshadowed by his fear and confusion. Really nice!
E-A-PoeFutureAuthor chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
cool
I'm just a person now read 66 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
It's a nice story, I could say. I'd really be waiting for the next chapter. It's really nice. The plot is is overwhelming though I don't really like to conclude that the entrance sentences are...let's say, uh, catchy. It'd make the readers think that you have grammatical errors. The literariness is very good, I might add, and well written. A few emphasis here and there and it could be good. Also, the separating of paragraphs and scenes are...uh..let's say missing and needed. Some tweaks here and there would be good.

All in all, I don't really think that you'll need my help in changing the plots and all. I don't agree with syntax, you're a good English writer but you really must obey the grammars. You should try writing at Microsoft Word 2007, if you prefer, and really, I get what it's like to be criticized on not having good grammars and English not the first subject. Rereading would also help (I'm such a hypocrite)...
Wanderinglost chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
I'd say its good. The only thing is a few minor syntax errors, just a run on or two. This is not what I usually read so I'm not sure I'm the best to ask, but I can't find any problems.
KamiyaAkuto chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Hm, I must say that this is the first review I've posted on this site, so I'm not sure what I should address, but I will try my best to make this concise and helpful. First of all, you should know that I'm somewhat fond of gender-bender scenarios like this, so it was right up my alley! I did find the beginning to be a little tedious, though, to be honest. A lot of the jokes with the wizard just seemed to fall flat for me.

After that, I found that I had a much better time reading it. Your descriptions and syntax are fairly good and the flow is okay. I did find myself emphasizing with Danny towards the end (personal stuff), and the emotional response was surprisingly accurate at parts. And in the end, you had me wondering whether or not his life would ever go back to normal. Overall, I would give this story a B. You did a good job, I hope you continue writing things like this in the future!
ThatsRight chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
I like the comedy in this, i wouldnt change anything really, its very good
118 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »