Reviews for Prom Date
Cairi-Chesh chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
It is a pretty good story, i thought that he would end up going with Jenny at first but you gave the story an unexpected twist, i have never read anything like this before and it is really well written.

I liked it. :)
SkinnyLove203 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Well written :) Interesting idea xx
L.Bell1 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
This story was interesting. I did not expect "Deanna", but enjoyed the twist. Your writing style reminds me of Andy Griffiths, (particularly his story Copycat from Ballarat).

Overall your story was quite enjoyable; very descriptive and an excellent use of spelling/grammer/punctuation. However, the ending felt like the end of a chapter, not that of a story.

3/5 stars. Keep up the good work.
T. F. Allen chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This was quite an interesting story, and it was well-written. I'm always grateful to see a piece written by someone who actually seemed to have PASSED English class. Such things are almost a rarity. The plot twist is of course the highlight of the tale, and without it, I'd probably not be very interested in the story. I can't say I sympathize with Danny's "predicament" about not finding a date, though. In my experience, I simply ran down a list of some of my favorite female friends who were NOT part of my senior class (i.e. people who likely wouldn't be at the prom otherwise) until I found someone who wasn't busy that night (I had a great time with a junior who was not in my close circle of "bestiest friends," and I'm very glad she went with me; it was nice getting to know her a bit more). The transformation and lack of self-control are fascinating ideas upon reflection, and I was surprised to see that Danny himself was not his own date.

My only real criticism is the ending: there doesn't seem to be one. It's as though the story was set up to teach the reader something, and then forgot to actually explain the lesson. The plot lacks any resolution. It almost feels like Star Wars I-III without IV-VI in some way.

You clearly have talent, though. I intend to keep an eye out for future stories.
SimplyMerri chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Wow. Definitely not what I had in mind. I really love it. It was full of meaning and personally, I really like the message. Turning Danny into a girl just might have been one of the best things that has happened in his life.
Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but it's not that bad going to Prom alone and you really shouldn't trust someone you don't know.
I can't believe he turned into a girl. I thought he would have someone appear in front of him or be created based on his body(like in the story of Adam and Eve), but him turning into his own ideal girl... Wow.
Now I just wanna know what's going to happen, though the story is built to end at this point so I guess I'm gonna have to use my imagination.
Must I say, the writing was beautiful. It was so detailed I could actually see everything on my mind. I'm actually really jealous by that 'cause I can't write in such a detailed way not to mention build plot that mysterious.
I'd like to read more from you, so please publish another stories written by you soon!
SimplyMerri.
BadHeavyMetalQueen chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
It's great- love it!xx
AllonsyAussie96 chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Not bad. A little confusing in parts, but not bad. I like it! Can't wait to read more.
Ultimate Thorny Rose chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Awesome story! Very interesting twist turning Danny into a girl!
Maxie Pollard chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
You have an interesting idea and the plot twist was brilliant. I give it four stars. I began losing focus simply because my attention span is too short for long chapters. Other than that, neat idea.
B.M.Flowers chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Interesting story idea. Where do you plan on taking it? What is going to happen next? The raw emotion that Danny is feeling becoming Deanna is beautiful. Grammar and spelling are very good and the characterizations of your characters where very real. All in all good story.
bluewinterbliss chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
It was rather strange of you to have such a request. Although since you asked, I shall deliver.

All in all, this is a wonderfully written story. I love the twist in the middle. Everything is so deliciously mysterious. The flow of the story is good as well.

Will he be able to turn back to normal? The shop owner certainly didn't day anything about how long the spell will last. Why doesn't he have control over his own body? Why is the father so disappointed in him?

So many questions. I love a story that makes me wonder. A very creative and imaginative piece.

I'm feeling a little sorry for Danny so I hope the spell fades soon. I don't think you should make Danny so depressed about it, too, since it could also make the readers feel a bit dreary since the way you expressed his emotions seem a tad bit long-winded. Lots of redundant description...

Keep up the gorgeousness.
Nightengail chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
You have a very unigue idea here. Though this isn't the type of story I usually read, I found that I quite enjoyed it. Will there be more?
UncleGibby chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
this was very cool. your plot twist was really creative and i enjoyed reading this!
CheyenneTheBlackButler-1D4eves chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Oh, wow I did not expect him too turn into the girel, that's diffrent. And really cool at the same time, keep it up!
MissPrettyLittleLiar chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
It's really very good! Very interesting. An amazing story I'm sure. Good job;)!
Miss Pretty Little Liar