Reviews for Prom Date
DubusTofu chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Wow, I was honestly really impressed! I didn't expect to much out of the story and now I'm dying to know where it will go. I was constantly guessing what would happen next as I read it, and I was far off... Usually not the case for me as well so props for that too.

Excited for the next update! Awesome job!
thehgirl13 chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
It's an interesting story. Good work!
Alexandra English chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
The story line: perfect! It was so cute and funny and definitely not what I expected by far! I didn't get boring or dull, and it most importantly kept my, the reader's, attention. That's great!
The only problem was those long, daunting paragraphs. They can be intimidating, but it's an easy fix. Just use the paragraphs wherever it seems there needs to be a breath in the story. A good place is between two people's dialogue. Usually, it's best to create a new paragraph when switching dialogue from one character to another.
Don't worry, though. I loved it!
Oh, and I'm always open to talk :)
aenglish
IsaacGrace chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
It's a real refreshing and interesting way to go about writing a prom story. It was really enjoyable to read but I think the ending should be clearer so there isn't any confusion on the ending.
Hugs6 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
you spelled realizing wrong on they summary. Hehe. This is hilarious. And fun, but totally random. Have you read the magic shop books? It's a series with books like Juliet Dove queen of love, this reminds me of it.
Maire L chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
very interesting and different. i really liked it.
ShaniaWrites chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I quite like how you started this piece and the beginning to develop Danny's character, however I find the idea of everyone remembering him as a girl and acting different as a girl to ruin the flow of the story. He would be as he was if he were a girl, and changing his personality was a bit too much of a jump.
MoonGirl1155 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Um, okay. Yeah. This story has an interesting lesson to tell, which makes it a good story. Also, your writing is good. Is this the end of the story? Does Danny turn back into a guy?
Also, The fact that he was a girl seemed REALLY akward, since he wanted a girl for a date to the prom. I would NOT want to be him. But I guess he deserved it for thinking that he could buy a date. In all, this was a good story, but it could be better.
FallenSapphireArchangel chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Oh my gosh, I totally did not expect that awesome turn of events in the middle - it made the story very intriguing. I actually like how much description you put into Danny's emotions, it makes him seem much more alive. Great job and keep writing!
CinnamonRepublic chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Wooow, this was really good You should write more.
Reconstruction chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
The twist is hilarious XD
Cairi-Chesh chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
It is a pretty good story, i thought that he would end up going with Jenny at first but you gave the story an unexpected twist, i have never read anything like this before and it is really well written.

I liked it. :)
SkinnyLove203 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Well written :) Interesting idea xx
L.Bell1 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
This story was interesting. I did not expect "Deanna", but enjoyed the twist. Your writing style reminds me of Andy Griffiths, (particularly his story Copycat from Ballarat).

Overall your story was quite enjoyable; very descriptive and an excellent use of spelling/grammer/punctuation. However, the ending felt like the end of a chapter, not that of a story.

3/5 stars. Keep up the good work.
T. F. Allen chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This was quite an interesting story, and it was well-written. I'm always grateful to see a piece written by someone who actually seemed to have PASSED English class. Such things are almost a rarity. The plot twist is of course the highlight of the tale, and without it, I'd probably not be very interested in the story. I can't say I sympathize with Danny's "predicament" about not finding a date, though. In my experience, I simply ran down a list of some of my favorite female friends who were NOT part of my senior class (i.e. people who likely wouldn't be at the prom otherwise) until I found someone who wasn't busy that night (I had a great time with a junior who was not in my close circle of "bestiest friends," and I'm very glad she went with me; it was nice getting to know her a bit more). The transformation and lack of self-control are fascinating ideas upon reflection, and I was surprised to see that Danny himself was not his own date.

My only real criticism is the ending: there doesn't seem to be one. It's as though the story was set up to teach the reader something, and then forgot to actually explain the lesson. The plot lacks any resolution. It almost feels like Star Wars I-III without IV-VI in some way.

You clearly have talent, though. I intend to keep an eye out for future stories.
118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »