Reviews for Mirror
Fortescue chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Very nice. Sweet, sad and simple - I feel dumb for not working out what this story was based on from the title, but you've explained beautifully how the tale began without taking away the mystery that makes it intriguing.
Raiam chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
At first, I too thought it was rapunzel, but the ending was just beautiful :) I really like your story and I feel with the character even though she turns out to be the "bad" one.
Reeech Beeetch chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
It was quite beautiful, actually.
Baby Kat Snophlake chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This review contains spoilers, fyi.

Actually this kinda reminded me of an different version of Rapunzel, the way the mother kept her close, they were in the wild, their conversations, and just being the two of them.

I would like to see a little more details on the setting and the climax where she sees everyone dying. It feels a little too fast as she jumps from telling us what she saw to how much it hurt. I'm not sure how to explain it, but the transition felt too sudden. Maybe give her a moment to realize what happened. It takes a few seconds for people to absorb what they're seeing and maybe even react to it before they realize how they feel about it. You do kind of show that with her throwing the mirror, but I think it needs expanded on.

I do really like this though: ""I didn't know anyone lived around here either," I found myself saying cautiously. He's a person, I thought to myself. Alarm bells started ringing in my head. He's going to hurt you. But curiosity overcame reason, and I stayed. He didn't seem harmful at all. How could something so beautiful harm me?"

And some of the imagery you used such as holding the mirror to herself as if it was a baby. The ending was perfect. :) Overall, I like. Good job!
Lencionim chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I like the ending and I agree, you shouldn't continue it because it's most definitely a complete work as it is. It makes an interesting short story and a new take on Snow White. I like that I didn't know it was related to Snow White at all until the ending. :)