Reviews for Don't Judge a Book By it's Cover
KayMacD chapter 3 . 4/3/2013
Hello again!
I really liked the beginning of Chapter 2. The changing of the eye colors was really cool, and I liked the close relationship between Ryeth and her twin. It was very relatable to me. :)
It sucks how things turned out with her parents, though. Not like the plot or the writing sucks, but it's just...unfortunate.
I'm gonna warn you, though: gender-switching is dangerous ground. Especially when the characters are past their puberty days. Things can get very complicated very fast, and it's gonna be hard to develop romances. Which is not to say it can't still be awesome, but for me it's something I've learned is tough to handle.
Besides that, there's only a couple errors, like "200 hundred," and the sentence "Everything seemed to hit me at once..." is said twice in a row.
But really though. This is very interesting, and I wanna know more about magic in your world. :) So update soon!
KayMacD chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I like this story. :)
If this was published, it would have been nice to be introduced to Jonathan before we found out he was a wizard to increase our surprise. But for FictionPress, diving into the action is just fine with me.
I'm curious to discover who the new magical presence is, and how Ryeth does in learning magic. Update soon!