Reviews for Up in Smoke
Loraine Wentworth chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This is a really intriguing start. I like the character of Keira. She seems pretty capable and also clearly has some interesting skills as a healer. It looks like Roan is going to be a complex individual, too.

The issue of loss of magic is a mysterious and interesting bit of plot, so I am looking forward to finding out more about that. Something pretty serious has clearly happened. Roan's words at the end are very dramatic, and will propel me into the next chapter!
EuphoricAnarchist chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I think you have crafted an interesting world so far. The writing is very good nice blend of description without being wordy and flowing dialogue. I am curious to see what the magic is going to be like if it ever returns at all in this world, or if it is shown in a flashback. Another thing I would like to give you credit for is the names you gave the people and places in your realm, I believe it helps in forming the world when done right, which you executed well. This chapter ends great and leaves the reader in suspense. I enjoyed reading this chapter.