Reviews for Melody
dark-fire-rebel chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Wow! I loved it. Those feelings of serenity and the sense of killing is really disturbing, but it gives such a eerie feel to the poem that it's great. "I walk to my favorite one,/And whisper this sure has been fun./I drive the knife into her chest./Now she can forever rest./I allow the sweet melody to fill my ears,/Listening as it erases my fears,/Filling me with a sense of calm,/As blood drips from my palm." Those lines were just insanely well written. The contrasting tones definitely works to your favor. Very well-written! Nice job.
RinaJewelz chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Aww man! Brutal, I love how the horror was written alongside this eerie feeling of calm that the speaker clearly feels, that made it even more disturbing. I think you did a really good job of writing the mind of a psycho and I like the melody motif as I think it captures that really well, we don't know quite what melody the speaker is hearing and at the start of the poem it acts as a deceitful symbol of peace. Nicely done :)
Luckycool9 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
(Poem easy-fix) I like the tone of this poem because it is kept constant. It is dark and shows it. I also like how the poem rhymed every two lines, it set up a beautiful rhytm for the tale.
Mayu Sun chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Wow, just wow, that was really good :)
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
That was a magnificently dark poem, I like how the person refers to them as 'friends'. Another great poem with nice rhyming, please keep up the great work!
dokidokipanic chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
i imagine the melody in this poem to be the beach boys "wouldnt it be nice" song ace work btw mate!
TabaquiLoki chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Nice poem! The only flaw I could find is the parts where it ended "be-be-me-me." You could change that part a little bit if you really wanted to.
I give this 4 of 5 stars!
C.J. Black chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I like this one. I find it very disturbing. I wish this was a story so we could find out why he killed them. :)