Reviews for Corvidae
Nesasio chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Awww, I like the prompt and response. I agree it's not exactly what the prompt was but your interpretation was great too. I liked the little touch of weirdness at having a part-cat person in a crow suit, haha. I could just picture his coworkers thinking they were so clever there and him scowling at them. Piper is a great character. I could see this being continued, if you wanted, with him as a really cool main character. He's mischievous and wouldn't back down from a fight so he could get into some exciting scrapes in this world.

I agree with the other reviewer that the ending was a little less concrete than I expected. I wasn't sure if the other girl was meant to be Sara or someone else he knew, or a complete stranger. I don't think it much mattered because there was still a feeling of it wrapping up, but, I dunno, it still felt like a bit of an unanswered question there.

Other than that, I think this is a great piece. I've been kinda keeping an eye on your writing since the Stop the Press days and I don't know why I've never reviewed before. :/ Big fail on my part. Keep on doing whatever it is you do to write such entertaining pieces. :)
VeraSilver chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Haha, I laughed when I read the prompt, I must confess.

I really loved this short story. Your characters stand out (though the woman Sara certainly less so) and have a personality in them that becomes fast apparent in only a few sentences. I liked how he fought back after being pushed over.

I loved all the little details like the 'Flats', the 'genefixed couples' and 'Public Sec'. None spelled out for the reader, but the reader can certainly make educated, and fun, guesses.

There was nothing really I could see that needed improvement, though perhaps a more conclusive ending would have been nice? I wasn't sure if the girl at the end was Sara or not.. but anyway, great work.