Reviews for remember?
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
beautifully expressedl! i've felt that way and you put it down seemingly effortlessly, i envy that.
Lyra Kaji chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Ditto what true talker said. You are not a monster. From what I've seen you are a very nice and very talented person. It doesn't take long to recognize it.
Stylistically this is very effective again...I like that you isolated "a monster" and "me".
The analogy you create here is very powerful and original...it really gets across how you feel and the reader really hurts for you. I like the biographical detail as well...simple and innocent, it creates enormous contrast. Just remember that the reflection you see when you're hurting is, as you said, twisted. It's nothing but your worst idea of who you are. There's a huge disparity between the way you see yourself and the way you really are. Take a moment and think about all the good qualities you have. (Hint: you can start with being a great writer.) At first, it will feel very phony and cheesy/weird (at least, it did for me) but eventually you start to believe it, and you feel a lot better.
And no one is ever as alone as they think they are...trust me :)
Here's to brighter days!
Lexi
True Talker chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
YOU ARE NOT A MONSTER AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE and ONE DAY YOU WON'T be sad. SERIOUSLY.