Reviews for Wishes in White, Beauties of Spite
IridescentSoul chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
I hope you update soon!
Highway Unicorn chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I know I'm already going to love this story after just reading this first chapter. Just so much promise. So much on the historical level. So much on the women injustice level. And the war. Just. I will love this story very much.

First, your writing style. I really enjoyed your style. It had this 18oos/early 19oos flare to it, such as Jane Austen's style or Kate Chopin (author of The Awkening. I'm sure you'll enjoy that novel if you haven't read it already. :D) And I'm a person who truly enjoys that sort of style, so right off the bat, you've caught my attention with just that.

Secondly, I like the personalities of these characters. They're all unique, to say the least, but the one I turly enjoyed was that of the mother. She represents perfectly how most upper-middle class/rich mothers acted/talked during that time. She wants perfection from her daughters because they represent her to the whole society. So good job at that! :D

Thirdly, I'm realllllly happy that this story is taking place during the world wars era. I think that is the time that women really showed that they're equal to men, and it was a time of movement for that gender.

I have a lot of hopes for this story. :) And based off of this first chapter, I'm pretty sure you won't let me - or your other readers- down. :D

Good job!
Sallacia Crystal chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This is a wonderful start to a book that has captured me from the first word to the last. The dialogue is beautifully written and each and every one of the characters has their own personality that really shines. I think that, as the book goes on, they will become more and more developed, endearing me to find out more about little Kate and her stubbornness.

The element of war in this chapter is also very well hinted at, and I like the fact that the actually history had been researched.

WHAT A WONDERFUL START!
Adeline Sterling chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
ZOMG! D: I just realized that my cell didn't post my review. ;-; I haven't been near my laptop all day and night and I left MSN on. I'M SO SORRY! ;_;

I absolutely love this. :) You better continue it some more or else I'm going to jump through MSN and make you write more. 3
Sallacia chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This chapter has drawn me in with the first few words and mature style of writing. There is a wonderful combination of old and new style incorporated which makes this a really fun read. All of the dialogue is exciting and keeping in with the old fashioned theme. I also love the war element to this story and it really lets me feel like the war is actually taking place, keeping it historically accurate whilst also being a really fun read!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!
Sallacia chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
This is a very very very good story! :)
rougette chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I can't believe I haven't read this until now! You really have a knack for writing, especially for this being your first piece of work! Please continue when you've got the time :) also, I've only just read your biography and I really think you must be a younger version if me! From our love of history (I'm a history major in college!) to our love of classical literature, we're perfect :) I'm going to follow you on my personal Twitter since we're just destined to be friends! But please keep writing! This was very good! And thank you for always reviewing mine :)
Krystal Watters chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
"her own book – The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton," - i think there's some odd punctuation going on here.

" like those Gibson girls like her sister with the small waist and pompadour..." - add a ; between girls and like.

The flow of things feels a little choppy, and I'm not quite sure what to think of any of your characters yet, especially Kate. She seems like a rebel, yet she's a quiet one?

I'm also not sure why you mentioned the car windows in the AN for this chapter. If it becomes important later, put it at the beginning of that chapter instead.
IridescentSoul chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
An interesting start! Hopefully you'll update regularly and continue this story?(: