Reviews for The Trophy Husband
Greenpanda0u0 chapter 2 . 1/22
Please excuse my gross sobbing while I reread this.
Vallucast chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
Very cheesy but i like it so very much. I can't believe i'm crying too.. XD
Immanence chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
This story is so smart. What struck me upon reading it again is that here the themes are reversed: in the world, in showbizz, it is most often the looks and charisma of a person that win it over their personality (e.g. job interviews and such, even marriage in some cases). But in this story the opposite is proven, which proves that the prince is really a good man. So cute.

I understand Reyn’s motives really I do, but he should have minded his own business. There is some justification to his actions, and you included that in the text really well, but mostly he’s just bitter. So he is NOT a good man! He learns from his mistakes rather quickly however, so I guess I could forgive him…? (because he’s your character – I’d let you get away with anything!)
And Wilke is so… Well. At first he seemed a bit stupid (throwing himself at Reyn like that) but then you described Prince Hall’s viewpoint, how he perceives Wilke: his love for the poor, his humble manner and cuteness, and I warmed up to him completely. You reveal little things throughout the story that just change my opinion from one sentence to the other!
"Enjoying the amusing benefits of the drama in ignorance" – such a sound truth
(and I know I’m lovely, hehe)

Hamei is so smart, dayum, he says ALL the right things! I want him for myself. I think I love him the most.
“And so Lord Reyn set out that day on his horse at a full gallop under the midday sun” - This is extremely funny for some reason:)
I love how the Prince is so ‘Prince’ and everyone treats him with so much respect! It makes the crying scene all the more heartbreaking. “It was the sound of a man splitting down the very seams of his soul.” Damn. Now the Prince is my fav again.
The conclusion is too short, I want Prince x Wilke smexy lovey dovey fluff time! (Never thought I'd say this Ö) But they are SO ADORABLE!
Your writing style is still terrific, so mature, I feel like a kid compared to you – Gonna keep working hard!
Depth-of-Field chapter 2 . 4/2/2013
d'awwwww! (Yeah, I have nothing else. Adorable fic!)
Guest chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
: )
mangatake chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
And I love this forever after, as well. Beautiful, thank you for sharing it 3
Mayori chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
I was nervous for a minute about the outcome, but I loved it! Great story :D
R. Ficst chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Aww the cuteness!

I'm currently using the internet in a local coffee shop and having difficulty keeping from giggling loudly in glee. _
borderless chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
Reyn really was a jerk... he should have at least told the prince the truth about what he had done since the Prince trusted him so much. I'm happy that they had a happy ending though :)
magnanimousSquirrel chapter 2 . 9/22/2012
Aw. :)
surprise butt secks chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
SO CA-UTE! I really liked the first chapter, how you started and ended it. Genius.
JHeartbreak chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
You dope, this is excellent. It's true the prose can be shaky (especially this second half) but the content is wonderful. First, Wilke is naive and living in deception... then it becomes clear that it was the Prince who was naive, and then ultimately Reyn. So, people act out of false trust in the world, only to realize that they couldn't understand how things really worked. So by trying to help they only hurt.

I see this sense of naivety connecting with the sentimentalism of that story with the same name. To act is to act in error... to destroy... better not to act at all. Sorry if I'm psychoanalyzing you. But I think the point isn't some neurotic unreality that everything will go wrong if you do something, but that reality is very complicated and we have to proceed with a sense of humility. The prince, not knowing how to express his genuine feelings of love, that was the most heart-rending thing for me.

I find the ending kind of hard to believe, but I feel like you do too. My question is, who is Hamei really? Who is this moralistic force that makes people 'get it'? Hamei seems to represent the option that, if people just understood like he did, nobody would be making these rash decisions. But it's not that he would have done things differently, like, had a different approach, it's that he would have the same approach only with his confidence in what turns out to be the right answer and not the wrong one. Tell me if you think I'm bungling this up.

I think the fable style as a whole is more congenial to you... because you are more interested in dramatizing principles, ideas, and possibilities than in making psychologically whole characters (who will necessarily be so complex that they'll obscure whatever point you're getting at). Maybe so or maybe not; just my thinking out loud.

So, in some ways, I think this might be your best story up here so far. It's just that it feels real - you write with a confidence (especially in the first part) where I feel you really get your characters, have things worked out, and I can trust myself completely to your story.
S.H. Marr chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
I'm glad you decided to write a happy ending. Not because the other ending was bad or incomplete, just because I like happy endings.

I like the fact that Reyn misunderstood what was happening. Everyone shows love differently, and it's obvious he didn't know that.

It was all kind of emotional and angsty, but in a way that didn't make me sigh and roll my eyes, even though that usually does. I don't know what in specific about it made that work, but it did work, and that's something, right?

I'd kind of like to see more about these two couples just because they seem cute, but I totally understand being done with them, too.
CookieWonderhead chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
I would a story about Hamei and Reyn.
It was beautifull :)
I loved Prince Hall's character.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
Tension, pure tension between the Prince and Reyn, and then:
"Sir Wilke has bound you to confidentiality?"
I almost went Awww because honestly, the Prince is just too cute and clumsy.
And then he cries. I had to smile, because it’s such a clear, simple sign of love. That he’s desperate to have things change. Luckily Reyn acts just the way he should.

I love it how you first made us believe the Prince doesn’t love Wilke, then made him break down, and that street scene was wondeful. He didn’t just grab him all forceful going ‘I want you back!’ He did it the calm and hard way.

I do kind of dislike Wilke now, for being blind and stupid. He doesn’t see a thing. That’s being unfair to the Prince. I know you filled the first chapter with Wilke loving Mr Prince, but in this second chapter it feels a bit unbalanced. That’s just a tiny little criticism, nothing too important, because the general atmosphere was very nice.

Love how Hamei gives Reyn the cold treatment. Although I’m a bit scared of him now…
Kingdom’s favourite in-joke. Ha