Reviews for Past Lives
Crazy Amazing chapter 50 . 3/31/2014
I'm still following this, and I'm still loving it :)
Crazy Amazing chapter 20 . 4/25/2013
I was just wondering, with something like this do you have the entire story mapped out over all the years and just write whatever scene you feel like? Or do you genuinely make it up as you go along? Or is it a combination of the two..?

This 'story' interests me so much - you're doing a wonderful job!
Crazy Amazing chapter 18 . 4/7/2013
Hm, that is interesting. I'll check it out when I get the chance!
Crazy Amazing chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
This felt like it was depressing to read but only because of the emotions behind Melinda's thoughts. You are a powerfully skilled writer. I'm glad you updated this, reading this chapter was a pleasant surprise because - to be honest - I'd forgotten all about this fic but once I re-read the description everything came crashing back. Your writing is so good that I just remembered it.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Whoa, that was pretty crazy.

I really liked the simplistic description you had going on in this chapter. Like when Melinda put her hand on her revolver, I was just reminded of every cop show I've ever seen where the well dressed lady detective reaches for her gun before rounding a corner. And the arm coming out of the woman's mouth was creepy because it leaves it up to the reader's imaginination what they think the demon's flesh looks like. I imagined it was black and scaly like a lizard, o:

I enjoyed the premise of this chapter, as well. I got the impression that Melinda is a type of exorcist, or a detective who debunks "demon possessions". I was a little confused by List, however. At the start he seemed rather confident in what Melinda does. He asked for her usual items: "bell, book and candle", but then at the end he was disbelieving. I didn't understand his sudden shift in character. I suppose with more knowledge of the plot I'd know more about Melinda herself.

I did find it interesting that she made a "promise" with the supposed demon. Seems kind of sketch for her to do something like that. But then, there were a few other hints dropped as to her true nature, so good work on the foreshadowing.

[girl words are clearer now.] *The girl's?

Velvet.
Crazy Amazing chapter 11 . 12/11/2012
This is oddly enthralling, even though there's not a plot. Well, of course there's a plot but there seems to be no story. Uhm... What I'm trying to say is that this is good and it is after 1am so I won't make much sense. I wish this had more focus though.
anthony.palmer.507 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I like your story. Melinda is clearly in charge. I think you should have spent some time on the gravity of the situation. I think your pushing to fast just to get the story out rather than setting up the world she's in. Ignoring the fact that you didn't describe your two main characters your story is very coherent but seems cliche. Not much is missing. I understand whats going on in the limited story you shown me. Would like to see more.