Reviews for What is worry?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Great piece, I loved the line 'Is worry the bleeding lip or a balding head' Brilliant use of imagery! Loved it
Loqwell chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Yikes. That last line really jumped me. It sent me shooting back to a time when I waited frantically for someone to pick up the phone and tell me they were fine, but it just kept ringing. Wonderful way to go.

Each short example/description actually gave a pulse of an image into my head, so really good job on that, too.

"or is worry a sleepless night and/a black out tomorrow"
I kind of felt that these lines jostled the flow a bit. The change in structure from "Is worry/or" to "Or is worry" is largest culprit I believe. Reading the poem until them was almost like washing downstream, but then the flow is suddenly slow again like the water had suddenly turned to syrup. One solution could be to remove the "is worry" from the first line and the "a" from the second, letting it rush to a conclusion.

Overall though, I enjoyed this poem. The short/small images punctuated it nicely, and the ending left me with a pulse of emotion.

Loqwell
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This is fantastic! The last line, "when the dial tone carries on ringing...", sunk my heart deeper in my chest. This is a beautiful piece.
True Talker chapter 1 . 9/5/2012