Reviews for A Curse of Sacrifices
Guest chapter 19 . 1/16
YES YES YESSSSSSS! I can't believe you are actually continuing the story *squeeealsssssss in excitement* Most of the time authors put a note about continuing the story sometime in future but it rarely happens that they keep their promise. I'm so so glad you are writing this again. And I read the whole story again to enjoy the two new chapters... Loved it as well. I enjoyed Valdis taking on Maria... Yay! Oh and they have a baby boy! But I see Jon still has Maria in his heart... Its good you did not show Jon returning with love for Valdis... It keeps the story realistic... and interesting. I can't wait to read more... Please update soon... Nice work and God bless you for continuing this and not abandoning this.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/15
Will Jon be upset when he wakes and the village has done something to Maria? No matter how crazy a person is, Jon and Maria have history
Guest chapter 18 . 1/15
Welcome back. This his a great continuation of where you left off.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/15
Thank you, I am so glad tht u are writing again. I have missed this book. In the last two years since u have written I have gotten married and had two babies n still did not forget this beautiful book.
slcjnk2008 chapter 19 . 1/15
This was a great chapter and I loved it. I'm so happy she got back her ring and the sword from Maria. But what are they going to do with Maria? she's a danger to Val and the baby. I don't see her giving up Jon. Looking forward to reading your next chapter.
Also I'm with you on learning about everyday life from a historical point of view. Although truth to tell, as a woman, I find myself getting frustrated at the limitations imposed upon women historically.
Shelley
slcjnk2008 chapter 18 . 1/15
It's been awhile but I love this story of yours and I'm drawn to these characters you've brought into my world. I'm really happy that she had no problems giving birth to Magnus but I can't wait for Jon to wake up.
See you next chapter,
Shelley
smrae chapter 19 . 1/15
I was so excited seeing the update email! Made my day welcome back and can’t wait to see what happens next!
VictoriaJameson chapter 19 . 1/14
I did enjoy this chapter, and I do like reading about everyday life. I know a lot about other cultures, but not so much about Scandinavian type cultures at this time. It's interesting and new. I'm glad the ring and sword were returned!
blythely chapter 19 . 1/14
Awesome, a new update!

I love reading about everyday life. It sets the context of the era - how people used their time, their struggles, their priorities. It is not at all boring to me - even details such as the slaughtering of animals (in this chapter)! I think it sets your story apart from many others on this site, as you really take the time to flesh out the context of the story. Too often, authors are in a rush to "get to" the meat and drama of the story. As a result, some stories feel rushed and hurried with no sense of context.

As for this chapter - wow! I like that Maria has finally outed her motives. There'll be a drastic turn in the story. I gather that the villagers' sympathies will be with Valdis- the question is, who will Jon choose when he wakes? What more agony will Valdis face? I'd like to understand Jon more as a person - how his thoughts or attitudes have shifted since meeting Valdis, his true feelings towards either woman, his sense of duty & responsibility to his growing family.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/13
Thank you so much! I love the descriptions of everyday life. It makes the setting more vivid in my mind. I hurt for Val that Jon said Maria's name, but hope he is just wanting to tell Maria that he is beginning to love Val. Looking forward to him waking up and hope their love grows. And a son! He is sure to be happy about that! So glad Val got her things back that meant so much to her.
VictoriaJameson chapter 18 . 1/9
I just read this whole story and I love it! I can't wait to read more.
GerryB chapter 18 . 1/9
Honestly, I am fine with literally everything in this chapter and have been waiting for it for a very long time. I do hope you continue it, thank you for your work!
blythely chapter 18 . 1/8
Wow, I'm glad you updated! Reread the entire story in honour of the latest update; am excited to see how Jon's attitude towards Valdis (and Maria) will change in light of his child. Also wonder how he'll cope with having a limp - I can't imagine it'll be easy, especially so in that era. Looking forward to your next update, you capture emotions so well and really make your audience feel for Valdis.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/7
Thank you so much! I was so excited to see that you had updated. :)
Meet the Moon chapter 18 . 1/7
Excellent job with this story! Can't wait to see what's next!
137 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »