Reviews for Vertigo
Kass chapter 26 . 6/25
Second time reading though Absolute genius! Good job! 5/5 stars
Chasing Sunsets chapter 25 . 12/17/2019
Oh good lord, I am seriously swooning for Boone... Boone swooning... Booneing... hahaha I’ve lost my mind! I just read this entire story in one sitting and am now completely sleep deprived..

But seriously, I love the story. The plot line is great and the characters are so complex and interesting. I kinda love that Gemma and Boone aren't perfect and are slowly developing as the story moves forward.

This is an awesome work of fiction for so many reasons.. not only because it's so easy to get lost in this world you’ve created but there is also a sense of realism that the characters bring because they're not crazy cliched and the story isn't cheesy. With the ending, it would have been unrealistic for these characters to have ended all happily ever after but instead leaves them having to work on those feelings they've discovered. I'm excited to see where this leads.

I think your writing style is amazing and the way you’ve managed to bring these characters to life is great. You’re super talented and I hope you never stop writing! Can’t wait to read the next one! More Booneing in store for me I’m sure hehe

- S

Ps. I don't usually make time to review but it was so good that I had to. First review I’ve written on here, yay! Just for you :)
Guest chapter 26 . 12/3/2019
Oh this was amazing! Thank you for sharing!
DaughterOfDarkness16 chapter 10 . 7/31/2019
I’ve been pounding through these chapters ALL DAY waiting for this! So worth it! Love your writing! And the fight scene was amazing! Fast paced and unpredictable!
Du chapter 26 . 11/24/2018
So. Guess who just reread this wonderful story for the nth time? I can’t help feeling so attached to this story. to Gemma... You have a way with words, the writing in this is so, so good... It will forever be my favourite story (series) on this site. Everything about it is so good: the action scenes and the actual plot itself is amazing, the character development is so well done, and the underlying love story grips at my heart every single time.
Thank you for this, I hope everything is well in your life. Now I’m off to read Ricochet now :)
Rae-07 chapter 26 . 6/30/2018
This was such a great read. Couldn’t put it down.
Tan chapter 26 . 4/12/2018
You are a God. This is gold. Heading over to read the other stuff.
Sinelle chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
I had this dream the other night about this story and the past few days it's all I've thought about haha so here's me reading this for the 3rd time!
The Golden Orchid chapter 1 . 10/12/2017
This is probably the best story on fictionpress. Impeccable plotline, relatable characters and just the right amount of drama. Love love loved it.
novsei chapter 13 . 9/1/2017
holy crap that was scary
novsei chapter 12 . 9/1/2017
holy shit this guy's a psycho
Lovethyneighbor chapter 24 . 8/24/2017
Type your review here. I just want congratulate you of setting the perfect male leader, meaning that Doone, had plenty opportunity to bed her and she would not have stopped him; he bedded her only after she became single, rare truely are a brilliant writer. Hopefully there will be more of your writing?
Lovethyneighbor chapter 5 . 8/24/2017
Type your review here. Hi there. I would like to bring to mind that the swearing vocabulary of the "Lord JESUS CHRIST" is not fitting; not fitting to any story. I am not vilifying you: just trying to help. There are so many other swearing words to use. He blessed you with a great talent. Other than that; Great .
ForeverDancingInShadows chapter 18 . 7/31/2017
You are an incredible artist. What a journey this is. I'm constantly taken aback by the details that you include and how you show so much of the characters. Wow.
ForeverDancingInShadows chapter 13 . 7/28/2017
Hola crap. Ever since starting your story Vertigo, I've been completely engrossed and unable to put it down. I haven't reviewed up until now, but I hope I can make up for it with a long and well thought out review. I know by now your story is quite old but I figured I'd review anyway because I'm sure you'd still appreciate it. I went into this looking for a romance with more substance than "boy meets girl and they fall in love instantly, have hot sex, the end" What I got was better than I expected or hoped though!

Characters: really well fleshed out! Even the unlikable characters I feel like we really get a sense of who they are. Well, maybe Ben is a bit underdeveloped, but I suppose maybe he isn't so important in the grand scheme of things. You probably don't want readers getting too attached to him. ;) I think Boone is the best developed, even more than Gemma surprisingly who tells the story. I like his character a lot, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't change that he is very much Boone. Gemma is also a great female lead. She's strong, she's cute, shes VULNERABLE and she's occasionally sassy without being over the top. She was much more likable to me than many female leads in romances. She isn't stupid or clumsy, or immediately googly eyed at a boy which is so common, even when they start out being badass. The only problem I have with her is sometimes I think you took it a bit too far in the other direction. So far she's always been the one to save the day, and it borders on being... I don't want to start touching on Mary Sue territory, because it's not that. But still. So far she's been the one to tap the phone call of Volkov, go into the club undercover and take out four armed men by herself AFTER drinking on a mission , got the all important envelope, remembered the calls from Miami, and gone to the hotel (with Laura, it's true) to copy the hard drive. So far it's about Gemma - 5, everyone else - 0.

Plot: Wow. You definitely did your research. The details are amazing. The story is very believable. I love the action parts where Gemma is in the field. I feel like I'm right there with her. As for the romance, I really like that you did a very slow build up. I feel like the characters are earning it. In the first chapter when you introduced Boone I didn't even realize he was the love interest, even when Gemma mentioned counting his freckles haha. Now I'm right in the middle of when he's captured and they are trying to get him back and all I can say is I'm rooting for them hard.

Writing: I love your style. It puts me there. I feel like I'm in Gemma's head and it's a nice place to be haha.

Okay I can't wait to get back to the action, so I'm going to stop yapping now. Thanks so much for writing an incredible story. I'm so happy there's a sequel. Hope this review helped, or at least made you smile. )
1,467 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »