Reviews for Vertigo
chuckythecat chapter 25 . 6/25/2014
AHH I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL! I FREAKING LOVE THIS STORY LIKE ITS THE BEST /.\ I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR GEMMA THO LIKE I FEEL WHAT SHE FEELS :'( OH BOONE JUST DONT MAKE THINGS COMPLICATED PLS /.\ oh yeah, and question, why does she always call him Boone? why doesn't she call him Tom, like when they're not working or something c: I'm just curious, lol. But yes, I can't wait for the sequel I know it's gunna be amazing and ima get so many feels and ahhhh I'm excited (x
Benea chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Alright, so I /may/ have jumped the gun with my last review since I wasn’t nearly coherent enough to actually properly elaborate on reasons why I love your story. I really should learn to think before I post. Especially because now the slightly OC part of me feels really weird posting this on your first chapter...But I digress.

First of all, it was action-freaking-packed. It was one thing after another with this story. Seriously! I couldn’t not continue because you always managed to leave us on edge. I was barely able to breath through some scenes because it felt like something wrong was a hair’s breadth away from happening. I also loved Gemma’s characterization – how she really came into her capabilities. It was a bit painful and frustrating watching her become so distant to Ben though. Understandable, she was too preoccupied trying to save, basically, the single most important person in her life, to really analyze how she really felt for him or, really, care for anything else on the side, including Ben. Still, I really felt for the poor guy. Same deal with Gibson.

But that just leads me to talk about the source of their pain and the biggest reason I love your story: the Gem/Boone relationship! :D

It wasn’t just romantic or sexual (though, I did thoroughly enjoy reading their lovely hotter-than-a-hypergiant-star chemistry). Like Gem had so rightly put it in the last chapter: She was Boone’s partner, first and foremost.

They respected each other’s abilities, and trusted and relied on each other to watch their sixes—whether it was on the field or off it. He was only able to have a restful sleep after coming back because of her. He was only able to really feel his survivor’s guilt and everything else that happened to him on that mission. Because. Of. Her. He traded a neuron bomb core for her life! A guy who used to be all about doing missions right, from what Gibson’s been telling us. And he is just as important to her as she is to him.

Basically, they are /so/ much more lovers, and you were able to lay the groundwork so beautifully, which made the entire last chapter-where Gem basically hammered truth after truth about their relationship into Boone’s and our heads-that much more powerful.

…which is probably why I felt Gemma’s frustration so strongly when silly-Boone gave her the typical one-night-stand brush-off.

(UGH WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, HUN)

I’d really be interested to know about what exactly got Boone to be such a commitment-phobe. Goodness, he wanted to run for the hills at the implications of /pancakes/ in the morning. Actually, I’d really just love to learn more about him in general and what he meant with his cryptic “You had my attention before I even met you, rook” to Gem…

(Speaking of, “rook” is now the most adorable endearment ever. I doubt I’ll ever be able to hear/see that word without internally squealing like a maniac.)

And, I feel that that may really, truly be all for now. (Probable until I read it a second time around or whenever you post that highly anticipated sequel...)

Until then, toodles
Bee
Benea chapter 25 . 6/22/2014
I-

I don't-

HOW-

Wow.

It's been awhile since I've read something on FP that I couldn't stop reading at all once I began. Goodness, no wonder you won those SKOW Awards. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about Gem's voice. There were some scenes in the beginning where I felt that the first person POV was a bit too coherent to be believable. But the way you've written things from Gem's perspective became such a clear voice to me by the end. You were really able to bring Gem and the rest of the characters to life.

And yes, the characters-

First off, you've really hit every kink of mine when it comes to a male character in Boone. UGH. He’s such a hottieeeeeeeee, BUT HE’S SO FRUSTRATING. He does all these things that make Gem (and me and everyone else) swoon but then old habits die hard…I mean, I get why he's so hesitant by the end but that doesn't make him and this whole thing any less frustrating!

As for Gem: Holy. Shit. You managed to make her such a /badass/. Gibson too! Admittedly, I was really afraid in the beginning that you were going to make her that cliched bitch that /somehow/ became a CS for the CIA even when she can be such an idiot when it came to Boone, but you didn't! I /love/ her spunk and how awesome she is as a CS person and I really want her to get over Boone (who actually doesn't deserve her he should just keep being perfect with Gem) and get with Danny. already Yeah, I don't know what plans you have for them in the future, but a girl can dream!

Anyway, like I said earlier, I couldn't stop reading until I finished it. I /thoroughly/ enjoyed how you tried to really develop the Gem/Boone relationship. The pace was perfect and nothing about how they felt for each other by the end seemed like it popped out of nowhere. And how you handled Ben and Gibson? Seriously, spot on. I can't express that enough.

I guess the only criticism I have is a minor grammatical one. You've written something like "Danny, Boone, and I's arrival" in some of your earlier chapters when it should be "Danny's, Boone's, and my arrival"...yet although I'm p. sure that's correct it still sounds awkward. Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you decide to edit your story/for future reference.

tl;dr FANTASTIC JOB with your story! I cannot WAIT to see how you write out the Gem/Boone relationship and where you end up taking the rest of the beloved cast - the sequel /seriously/ can't come soon enough. :)

Also, you've done it, now I have to come FP for more stories like yours that I've missed out on.

Hope you’re (slaving awa—I mean…) having fun with the summer so far!

Until the sequel,
Bee
topoly chapter 25 . 6/19/2014
yay
Choukou chapter 25 . 6/16/2014
AHHHH so excited for a sequel! And I"m actually glad you ended it this way. It seems more realistic to me that a happily ever after
JJ chapter 25 . 6/13/2014
When is the sequel this was great!
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 25 . 6/10/2014
The feels. This story. That ending. Why.
Hahaha okay I loved it and I mean, even if they're not together yet... well at least I have a sequel to look forward to. As soon as it's out- pm me ;)
Thanks for writing this amazing story! I'm glad I moved away from my usual type of book for once and chose to read this. I can hardly believe you even read my story... your writing ability is so much above my mine! Can't wait for the sequel! :)
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 24 . 6/10/2014
I knew this amazing chemistry between Boone and Gemma was going to lead to some mind blowing scene Ahaha. Whole chapter was very well written and I enjoyed all the tension... and then the release of it :P
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 22 . 6/10/2014
Aw my gosh... absolutely loved that! The kiss... Okay it was to get the key card (but we know they totally loved it ;) ). Chemistry was amazing!
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 21 . 6/10/2014
Okay so I haven't been a great reader lately but I'm catching up ;) You know I love the build up too so that's all good haha. How do you write action so well? It's amazing!
And yes, Boone was definitely checking her out ;)
Onto chapter 22...
Reader chapter 25 . 6/4/2014
Loved the storyline, the action and especially the relationship between Gemma and Boone!
Can't wait for the sequel!
luzanima chapter 2 . 6/4/2014
Wanted to write a second review for "Oliver Twist" but FP doesn't allow two per chapter, so I'm pasting it here - hope that's okay!

***

Just re-reading this for fun :) Have you ever thought about expanding this into a full story, or even maybe writing a follow-up oneshot using the same characters, perhaps set a few years later? The characters are so compelling and well-written!
imperfectlyokay chapter 25 . 6/3/2014
Wow, I bet some people are very unhappy with Boone! But I think it was exactly in character for him. If he suddenly turned around and became a one-woman man with strings attached and everything, it would just be too OOC! So I think this was an excellent ending and I'm very excited about the sequel. xox
Angela D chapter 25 . 6/3/2014
It's hard to believe its over! I hope there is another book to follow on these two. I really enjoyed reading about them . Thanks again
Angela D chapter 24 . 6/3/2014
Oh my! So happy they finally got together ;) very hot! Awesome detail- sexy but not over done. Classy ;) thanks again
1,468 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »