Reviews for Silence
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. Your story was featured on ADoR some time ago, so here's the review: Sometimes while reading I will stumble across a turn of phrase and find myself flabbergasted by an author's abilities. In fact, it's one of my favorite things about reading; those lines that are beautiful and so eloquently encapsulate the emotional moments in life most difficult to verbalize. Silence, a one shot by stephayyy, is packed with such instances for me. It has an almost stream of consciousness feel, blending a plethora of metaphors and unique word choices - and an enviable and rich vocabulary. Stephayyy takes us through the pain of watching love die in a heart wrenching, devastatingly beautiful way. Our speaker - who remains unnamed, something that, in my opinion, adds depth and humanity to the story - faces the realization that her relationship has ended with bravery and emotional nakedness. I wanted to reach into the story and comfort her, but it was fascinating to follow her internal voice. Stephayyy's understanding of one of the darkest moments of human existence shines through almost suspensefully. I knew what to expect from the beginning and still hoped it would go another way. At times I felt slightly overwhelmed by the adjectives and metaphors, but overall Stephayyy composed this story so beautifully. I read it three times and discovered something different with each revisit. It's definitely one worth reading and bookmarking for future views. I think this author will be one to follow.
Writing Entity chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
It is at times while reading a ridiculously splendid story that I stop to think about how brilliant the author is. That is what happened to me while I was reading this lovely poem. You have seemed to truly outdone yourself with writing the story. The narrator of the story is nameless and faceless and I am left with all but her conscious thoughts of how to interpret her. This is a heart wrenching one shot of a love that is slowly dying and I loved every word of it. The beautiful metaphors and rich vocabulary used in the story only adds to the wonderfulness of it. It's a short read and I've already read it two times. Even though it may have been one of the shortest stories I've ever read, it is one of the best. This story is definitely going to be added to my Favorites list. :)
Pat chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is beautiful.
InkWitch chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Oh wow...

There are no words to describe the magic that you created for me. All I will say is, I will follow your work as desperately as the character you have portrayed, because your writing is as breathtaking as any scenic beauty of the world.
AMessofPickles chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Holy crap that was beautiful. Well done.
happypenguin01 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I love the way you paint a picture with your words and draw parallels between seemingly unrelated objects. This poem flows so well and there are so many gems inside it I can't even list them all, but I especially like this line "Whispers of torched dreams and unfulfilled desires and unwanted memories ignite a forest fire of a heartache touching every crevice of the hole I buried myself in." More than just stringing together words, you created a story that I found myself really engaged in.
Miranda chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
The vocabulary is fantastic. I would love to read more, sadly it had to end. Write more soon :)