Reviews for The Locket of Ilgenar
snmwordbender chapter 3 . 1/2/2013
That was awesome! I love the pace it was set at, not too fast that you get lost in but also not slow that one would get bored. Tierra was wonderfully in character! I like her control freak moment, that seemed very her, when she demanded to know what was going on, and freaking out when she saw Elona! Wonderful! I also like how Tierra and Elona were pushed out to start their journey, it was a very good excuse for them to get and moving and for them to go seek out Credus.

Now for a few things I noticed:
hesitantly, she drew forward. (Capitalization)
Tierra had paused, but she knew the man could see her. Her eyes widened as a sword appeared in his hands. No-that wasn't possible! (Could you perhaps give a little more explanation that this sword seemed to magically appear? To me it just seemed like he unsheathed his sword really fast like an expert sword master. I hope he's not really good at sword play otherwise he would seem a little out of character)

Now for some of the lines I enjoyed:
"Are you sure that's necessary?!" she cried. "Can't we, um... discuss this? I don't want to fight..." (This made me smile!)
For a moment, she stared at it in wonder. How on Earth had she just done that? (I really liked that she was surprised with what just happened because otherwise I would be irritated that she suddenly was able to wrestle a sword away from a grown man that should be able to fight his own battles. It made me feel that some other force intervened and helped and this soothed me.)
"Of course. I'm Tierra Westgate. I think I'm dead."
(I think I'm dead. That was WONDERFUL! I can just picture he saying it so nonchalantly and matter-of-factly and it was just perfect! I just envision delivering this line and I can't help but laugh!)

Can't wait to see what you have in store for me next!
snmwordbender chapter 2 . 1/2/2013
Loved it! That was fun! I liked seeing Tierra's character from this perspective. Studious, likes the quiet, workaholic, slight perfectionist, idealist - I can't really imagine her daydreaming too much, more like planning things she would need to do.
Now for a few things I have questions about:
"I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. It's not like we get to go sightseeing."
Do you mean to say, "I'm not sure it'll be a lot of fun." ?
About Jane, I never clearly saw what her relationship to Tierra was. Is she a foster mom? An Aunt? (Granted I know Tierra mentioned not knowing her parents, but still)
I'm excited to read the next chapter!
snmwordbender chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Oh my gosh! So much suspense! I am so happy I was able to find it!
Can't wait to see your next update.

Syd