Reviews for Take the Plunge
Sisika chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I love this so much! (A bit late, but I've just discovered all your works!)
GrangerDanger333 chapter 3 . 8/12/2013
I LOVE THIS! And your other diving story too! Shane is just too sweet worrying all about Alex but silly for not explaining himself and basically rejecting Alex for so long. I LOVE reading about guys like that because it means there's so much angst in the lead-up to their hot make-out. ;D Anyway, i really like this and will now continue to read more of your stories... :D
JtheChosen1 chapter 3 . 5/3/2013
Awesome story here - can't believe I almost missed this one!
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Hey, I'm here with some great news! This story has been added to the slash category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: So are you like me and have been dealing with the withdrawal symptoms from the amazing summer of 2012 where London hosted the Olympics? Well look no further, my friends, because I have found us the answer. This hunger has been quenched in the form of ‘Take the Plunge’ by thenorthface.

‘Take the Plunge’ focuses on Alex; a diver for the USA team; that has returned to the Olympics after a three year hiatus due to being injured in an accident. This quick paced, three chaptered story focuses on Alex not only coping with the stress of one of the largest sport competitions but also facing his old synchronized diving partner, Shane. Despite being desperate to face these problems, Alex cannot understand why Shane is making it difficult by being a jerk while he is nothing but supportive towards his career and his new partner.

As always, I entered this story with the wariness that it was a sport focused stories and we all know sport is not my cup of tea but thenorthface has covered this perfectly. Yes, the story has written it perfectly with their knowledge of both the workings of the Olympics and the way swimming meets run. Yes, sport is the focus of the story. No, this should not prevent you from reading it if you are not into the genre of sport because it is not the sole focus. The chemistry between Shane and Alex; despite Shane being a jerk; will have you scrolling down the screen desperately reading each word and leaving you hungry for more.

With their amazing writing, thenorthface makes you believe you have the best seats in the house as the story unfolds to show not only bravery but a love story that shows love can happen anywhere."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 3 . 4/2/2013
This was entertaining, and I like your style. You don't beat around the bush. Good read.
NicJean chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
This story is brilliant. Beautifully written. I love the characters and the plot. Love it!
Tra-vation chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Awww so cute :')
Guest chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
That was a really good story, very enjoyable read indeed.
ladyfortune chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Love this story. Thank you for writing it.
Whansbee chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
I truly enjoyed this :) Olympics and slash win.
Just so you know, I read Ryan as Ryan Lochte for some reason. lol
Well written and fun read.

(one thing, in the 1st chappie I wasn't clear on whether everyone in the team knew each other or not. Just seemed conflicting)
Nalaya chapter 3 . 11/4/2012
Loved this story! You told it very well, and it definitely fulfilled my desires to read a Olympic-themed fic! Thank you very much for posting it. Alex was a really likable character, and definitely a pleasure to read-Shane was also very interesting, and I liked them as a pair. You managed to capture, too, the excitement of competition. Thank you for writing it and putting it on fictionpress, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from you!
Vertebrae chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
This was adorable, I really enjoyed it :)
heyitsstupidme chapter 3 . 11/1/2012
I think a slash story at the Olympics is a very good idea. I enjoyed reading that just as much as I enjoyed reading The Lighthouse and I'm really excited about the sequel. This story should have many more reviews. I'm so happy that I found this. :)
ClosetReader chapter 3 . 10/31/2012
Though not as sweet as the other stories on FP, it was very engaging and the characters were very well developed. Alex was very likeable.
chibikodo chapter 3 . 10/30/2012
:) such an adorable couple. Haha I'm glad they were able to work out their differences... And it might not be happily ever after but it's close enough.