Reviews for The Fruit of Eve's Tree
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I've seen a lot of opposite attract metaphors as well as Adam and Eve comparisons but this is my favourite by far. I liked the flow and it suggested that the speaker of the poem has conflicted feelings to her/his partner and I liked that because love isn't as black and white as everyone seems to think.

I also like the fact that the speaker's gender is vague (I'm not sure if this was intention or not) as men can go through domestic violence, which is what I thought was suggested in the third stanza, as well as women.

I love your imagery, it's one of the key things I look for because for me it helps to draw me in more - I like to have a picture of the piece in my head as I'm reading it. Anyway it's amazing.

The only thing I'd suggest would be to just use italics to emphasis words but that's really just me being picky. Apart from that suggestion, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Every stanza and image in this poem is extremely emotionally affecting. The casual tone and serious subject matter create a very vivid impression of both people involved. You're a very talented writer.