Reviews for Smile
The lilly among roses chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
...I think I love you. Your poems are so epicly awesome! All of them(that I have read so far) Are so totally jam packed with emotion it spreads to the readers. Absolutely amazing.
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I like the flow of "Smile - I'll wear mine for you..." but the content of the poem itself feels like all the same ideas written about in far, far too many poems (and pieces of fiction, and journals, etc.). The "I'll say I'm fine but I'm not" concept has been beaten into the ground - the same with "I cut to make myself feel real". Nothing in this stands out as new, or even originally composed (a variation in the way the themes are presented might add some life to it).

There's one typo that I noticed: [...standing at hells door.] Ought to be "hell's door" (with the possessive apostrophe).

My favorite part of this is the thought that at least the narrator has someone to smile for, even if it’s not real. Often the theme is "I have no one" but this person has at least one reason worth pretending to be happy.

- Moonstar, Courtesy of the Review Game’s Review Marathon - link in my profile
Love A Mysterious Thing chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Mariah, I know you're hurting. I know you're not really fine. I know that you're only saying you are to keep me from worrying about you and to keep others from worrying too. But i know. I know you're hurting and I want you to know that I'm always here for you. I can help you smile. I can't help you heal but I can help distract you. Distractions from the hurt are what i know and do best. I can't heal it or sew up your past and give you a brighter future. But i can help make the present moment a little less painful. I love you you are my sister. I know you're hurting. You can't fool me. I just want you to know that I'm not leaving you. Ever.
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
you're not bad, there is nothing bad about you, the "good Mariah" is just inside, you just have to find away to let her out again. Stop drowning her with guilt and pain, let go. you'll smile for real again.
True Talker chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This makes me concerned about the one who wrote this.