Reviews for LotWR Book Four: Vasara's Secret
dreamerwaking chapter 14 . 11/30/2013
Nice ending, back to a normal and relaxed routine once again. I'm sure however that won't last too long, not with Merrick stirring up trouble behind the scenes. No doubt he's working hard to help Jarell return. No doubt if he does, he's going to be in a really pissy mood and out for revenge.

I can't wait to find out.

Great writing.

I've noticed over the series of stories how much your writing has evolved. You know your characters so well now that writing them has become quite fluid, particularly describing their emotions, and it seems that your descriptions of their environment and events unfolding around them has become so much more vivid. Overall, your story telling is very gripping and draws the reader into the world you have created. Great work ;)
dreamerwaking chapter 13 . 11/28/2013
Great chapter. I think Gideon gave just enough information to Vincent that was needed and in the perfect way...shocking him but not scaring him.

Vasara's child-like manner when presented with new information (like vampires and angels) was very interesting. I had thought in the last chapter by Vincent's 'adoration' for her, that he may have seen her as a love interest, but I am beginning to see this as more fatherly love for a daughter.

I was very impressed with your idea of her red streak of hair containing her DNA data. It's a cross between sci-fi and what they actually do in forensic science today.

Now that you've established that Dr Harper is bad and Dr Walsh is good, where is Merrick and what is he planning?
dreamerwaking chapter 12 . 11/27/2013
Fascinating chapter, and no doubt there was quite a few hours spent researching the ins and outs of Ionic pulse cells and cybertronics etc. I know from experience how many hours you can spend researching something just to use a few words or sentences in a chapter. The only way to present believable fiction is if you understand the topic thoroughly yourself. Well done.

When I found out that Dr Walsh was in that field of work and Vasara's strength was shown in the previous chapter, I suspected she wasn't human. I do feel sorry for the poor guy having been caught up with Jarell. The question is, does his team of goonies know he's really alive? Is that why he was on Merrick's radar? Can't wait to find out.

I also can't wait to find out how much information Gideon reveals to Dr Walsh and what his reaction will be to discover the world isn't what he probably believed.

Great chapter once again :)
dreamerwaking chapter 11 . 11/25/2013
Great chapter. I loved every word!

I can see that all is likely to be revealed about the woman released from the safe at the beginning of the story. Interesting too that Dr Walsh and Alex Murphy are one and the same person. I get the impression that Dr Walsh doesn't follow the same code as Dr Harper. He seems to have too much concern for the mysterious woman to be the cold and heartless type to follow Jarell's goonies.

I can't wait to find out what happens next.
dreamerwaking chapter 10 . 11/24/2013
The plot thickens :) Dr Harper is working for the bad guys and Dr Walsh is actually dead but still on The Hand of Jarell's radar.

It was very interesting that you used the Janitor to pass on the name of someone for Gideon to contact. The lowest ranking people like janitors and homeless people etc. are always presumed to be inconsequential and therefore become almost invisible and witness more that people give them credit for.

I'm very interested to see what happens next.
dreamerwaking chapter 9 . 11/22/2013
That was a great chapter. I was riveted from the first page to the last. I really loved the awesome power of Corbin's Protector form, tearing apart the SUV like it was nothing more than tissue paper.

I feel sorry for the poor Delivery van driver, but I think he has probably gotten out of the collision with Corbin better than Dr Harper after he catches up with her.

Well done. I can't wait to find out what happens next :)
dreamerwaking chapter 8 . 11/20/2013
Shade's past seems to be haunting her again, even though she had finally released it. Having spent the night helping Marcus would be playing on her mind now, knowing that had she been home with her family instead, she would have gone with Corbin this morning and he wouldn't be in the trouble he is now. Poor Shade just can't seem to catch a break from her past.

I'm very pleased to see that Lydia's connection to her brother is so strong, without it, Corbin would have no doubt remained the mindless zombie Dr Harper intended him to be.

The question is, how quickly and how easily can his family reach him to rescue him...again.

Great chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 7 . 11/19/2013
Oh, dear. This isn't good. Someone with Vandarmensen blood working for Jarell's goons. Poor Corbin.

I don't know how he's going to get out of this one. Without his mind intact, he can't do anything to save himself. Hopefully Lydia and the rest of his 'extended family' will be able to rescue him...again!

Very intriguing twist to the plot. I love it :)
dreamerwaking chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
I almost feel sorry for Reggie and his gang. Besides her speed, her knowledge of them personally also gave her an edge. I'm sure Marcus is grateful to have the artefact back but I think for Shade, the cash she gave him was probably more like her buying her freedom from the past.

Very good chapter :)
dreamerwaking chapter 5 . 11/17/2013
The plot is thickening regarding Merrick's intentions. These two scientists throw a real twist into the mix. Geneticists and cybernetics could possibly mean he is planning to genetically modify humans for a super soldier against not just the Allender's but also the Vandermensen's ?

I also liked the description of Shade's jacket. The tie to her past, not as a negative influence, but just as a record that it had been apart of her life at some point. It held memories that served a purpose for her.

Very good chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 4 . 11/16/2013
I loved the analogy of the old fire house crumbling in on itself, symbolising Shade's past having crumbled into dust.

It seems Shade's past however may be coming back to bite her in the form of friendship. I'm not sure whether Marcus is really there for Shade's help, or whether his 'job' involves him luring her to the Hand of Jarell. Can't wait to find out.

At least Gideon was able to hack into Merrick's laptop. I'm sure it contains a lot of very interesting information.

Great chapter.
dreamerwaking chapter 3 . 11/15/2013
Great chapter. So Gideon and Amanda found Merrick. Too bad he had a contingency plan, not that I think it will do him much good in the end. Gideon and Amanda have more to fight for than Merrick does.

I loved the ending. The trap door was a great idea, along with the building exploding, and no doubt will serve to increase Gideon and Amanda's determination to get him. With any luck the laptop they have procured will contain some very valuable information. I have a feeling that it may be encrypted though?

As always, I'm looking forward to reading on.
dreamerwaking chapter 2 . 11/14/2013
Shade certainly has a cheeky streak to her personality, which is probably why she fitted into the darker realms of society in her early years. She likes the things that shock others and has an air of danger about it. Of course that no doubt also makes her a magnet for trouble.

I am wondering if this old friend, Marcus is one of those magnets?

I enjoyed your description of the mall's food court. It was so generic, it could have been any food court in any country, and I could picture it like I was there. Corbin being so engrossed in his food was also very believable, being completely oblivious to what was going on around him. Yet again, another example of a typical mall's food court.

Very enjoyable chapter, and also intriguing. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Marcus is bringing them.
dreamerwaking chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Very intriguing. Firstly I want to know who Vincent is with all his high tech security, and...who is Sara and why does she need to be kept locked in a safe. Obviously she isn't there against her wishes going by the happy greeting they gave one another.

Great start to your story. I can't wait to find out more.
Clubmeister chapter 14 . 3/21/2013
Wow... I've read 1-st chapter. Then - in a few days - 2-nd chapter. Then - in a week - third chapter. Then, in 4-th chapter my attention was captivated and I was reading from midnight till almost morning, while finished the book completely :)))
I have to admit, I was very surprized about Sara. Unexpected turn.
First I thought that she is a kind of DNA-modified vampire :) But android...
That Dr. Walsh is like Pigmalion. But I tried to put myself on his place - Sara, the live, sentient person and I turn her in and out, like a refrigerator.
And when she's turned out, she's like dead. It's rather scary...