Reviews for My Superhero
Mak Hertz chapter 19 . 11/24/2012
Firstly, I want to punch Darlene in the face every time she talks or thinks or even exists. Ugh. And Ryan is an idiot for believing she is anything like he had been dreaming/imagining she was like. Secondly, I'm glad Amber stepped up her game. Good for her. I just hope she's not making herself into something she's not just for a guy. You made it seem like she's still dressing like her so that makes me happy. Thirdly, I want to smack Ryan but I mostly talked about that already. I get he's conflicted, but I still want to smack some sense into him. And when this whole evil plot comes about, I imagine he's going to do the right thing and save both women somehow, but jeez I wish he'd let Darlene suffer a miserable death like she deserves. :) I love the story. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what drama unfolds next.
PhantomMalevolence chapter 19 . 11/23/2012
Oh Ryan I would sooooo love to see you paying for everything you've done to those women!
I seriously hope Darlene dumps him thus I'm so looking forward to their conversation. Now I bet Amber must have turned into a beautiful swan since his jaw reached the floor and I hope she treats him like the **** he is :P. At this point he's totally unworthy of any of them...
How can you redeem yourself now Global Man?
just can't wait to find out ;), keep up the good work!
PhantomMalevolence chapter 18 . 11/21/2012
that was definitely... interesting ;)! just can't wait for the next chapter...
Amy90 chapter 18 . 11/20/2012
Wow... Poor Amber.
I hate Darlene! She tries to hide it but she is very selfish.
BarefootBallerin chapter 2 . 11/20/2012
I could see Patick Wilson cast as Ryan/GM, Megan Fox or Malin Ackerman (dye her hair) as Darlene, Olivia Wilde (she doesn't have brown eyes but my imaginations making an exception) as Amber, and Morgan Freeman as Jake. You weren't specific on ages so I just went with it, the performers seemed age appropriate enough. Maybe Cillian Murphy as the villian I don't know, but he certainly does well as bad guy I must say; plus, he has a celtic background for crying out loud.
Tolazytologin chapter 17 . 11/17/2012
Well, I'm Segna, but I'm too lazy to log into my account. I love your story, and I love your writing technique, I really hope you update this story soon! Though I believe Ryan is being a stuck-up gullible asshole; I really don't like Ryan as of late.
PhantomMalevolence chapter 17 . 11/17/2012
haaa maybe Ryan isn't a bad guy after all ;).
hmmm something tells me this review is going to be long xD. So, I went back and re-read several chapters of the story and frankly I feel that Ryan feels more guilty than confused. On the one hand we have Amber, a sweet memory from his early teenage years and on the other hand we have Darlene who is, let's say, his obsession more or less (after all 4 years is a long time) and dare I say "love" as an adult (I'm using that term because people can't feel IN love forever, that feeling of excitement after several months either vanishes or grows into something stronger and more mature, but I won't get into details about hormone levels etc xD so yeah, since it lasted that long I'm calling it love).
Everyone remembers with fondness their childhood sweethearts and in my opinion in Amber, Ryan saw his life before being Global Man, before having to deal with all those things. Maybe that's why he didn't speak to her about his secret life or why he didn't have sex with her, it's not that he didn't trust her it's just that he didn't want to ruin his childhood memory. Maybe he was afraid that everything will be destroyed, who knows? (YOU know ;) )
About Darlene... I really can't tell whether she first fall for Global Man or Ryan but it was clear that she had a connection with Global Man (btw I'm really curious, how did that 'relationship' begin?). At first I thought that in Ryan she saw a lovesick puppy (that's why I didn't like her as much at first) and thought that if things didn't work with Global he would be there, but as the story progressed I can say that I don't believe that's the case and this chapter proved that my suspicions were correct. Darlene was/is afraid to get into a relationship with a decent guy, she looks for passion, she's afraid to be loved because she didn't even feel her mother's love. She doesn't really know how love feels and that's why her feelings for Ryan/Global Man confuse her and frankly I feel like she doesn't know how to proceed. The role of the seductress is what she knows and I believe that she 'chose' GM over Ryan at first not because he's a superman or something but because she felt like they were the same, two lonely people focused on their 'jobs'...
In a parallel universe where Darlene and Ryan would have got together, I doubt that when Amber appeared he would pay much attention to her, she would be just a memory from his childhood. But we do not live in that universe so... I'll just say that Amber was his hide-out from his secret life, I mean until one point she hadn't even met GM so it would be easier for him, with Darlene things were different, if anything, she ALWAYS reminded him of his secret life lol plus until she showed her jealousy he wasn't even aware of her feelings so he decided to move on with a "safe" person (logical) but with whom he wasn't even in love with! At some point it is mentioned that he thought he started feeling in love BUT he wasn't there yet.
However, when Darlene showed that she cared and whenever,after that, they were together his world literally shook and when she made moves on him, apart from the fact that he was ready to give in :P not even once did he tell her "I love Amber" his thoughts were that it wouldn't be FAIR for Amber. This shows that he's a gentleman and that he doesn't want to hurt Amber (kudos to him for that, although hurting her at some point would be unavoidable) but his deeper desires and feelings are something else.
I believe he feels mostly guilty for putting Amber through this because not only was it obvious that she had fallen for him but also because he started something when he wasn't even sure about his feelings or if that was something he truly wanted. Plus his guilt now must be double considering that with his actions he pushed her to John's arms. (btw I really hope she finds out about the bet before he hurts her.)
His decision to go slow with Darlene was wise and I really hope that it works out eventually :)! To me it just make more sense to stay with her, yes he cares about Amber and hates himself for hurting her, but with Darlene they do have something deeper.

And yes I was right that was a looooong review xD! Really loved the chapter! Keep up the great work :)!
Amy90 chapter 17 . 11/16/2012
Well, it's obvious that Amber/John and Ryan/Darlene won't work. ;)
And yes, I know what you were doing in this chapter, but I still DON'T LIKE Darlene... :D
Hopefully Ryan realizes what he's doing!
PhantomMalevolence chapter 16 . 11/12/2012
wow... this chapter made me dislike Ryan slightly xD... the thought "He may have lost Amber but now Darlene was standing in his doorway" sounded very selfish... very alpha male. I may prefer Darlene by far but thoughts like that aren't fair. Anyway, you did a wonderful job as always :D and I'm so looking forward to Ryan and Darlene's date... I hope it goes well ;)
keep up the good work!

PS: the dog's name made me laugh so hard, Stephen King FTW
Amy90 chapter 16 . 11/11/2012
Ryan IS a womanizing asshole! How can he do that to Amber? Either he's leading Darlene on - or he's never been serious about Amber. How can he go on a date with Darlene and NOT feel guilty? Last time I checked he KISSED Amber and told her he couldn't tell her his reasons - and now he's going on a date with heartless and completely selfish Darlene - and all this just because she figured out his secret by chance. She doesn't even DESERVE to know! Is Ryan trying to lead a double life with dating two different women at the same time? That's going to backfire sooner or later.
So, summing up my bitching from above: I'm still Team Amber and I think Ryan SUCKS. What an idiot! ;)
PhantomMalevolence chapter 15 . 11/9/2012
Oh I love it when Darlene shows her soft side :) but I really pitied both Darlene and Amber in the end though...
You did a great job and the kidnapping scene was awesome, it really made me laugh! Just can't wait for the next chapter!
Amy90 chapter 15 . 11/8/2012
I still don't like Darlene. But Ryan seems to have a crush on her. I can't believe he kissed her! What about poor Amber? Is Darlene really more trustworthy than Amber?
And was there a point of this kidnapping action? I guess I just didn't get that...
I'm feeling a little bad for Darlene since she really thinks to believe that she loves him (although I'm not sure she knows what love means). But I'm still voting for Amber. :P
PhantomMalevolence chapter 14 . 11/6/2012
Loved to read that Darlene showed her soft side to Ryan! I hope to see more moments like that ;D!
keep up the good work:)!
PhantomMalevolence chapter 13 . 11/5/2012
very nice :)!
Amy90 chapter 13 . 11/4/2012
And now Amber will try distracting herself with John - who at the same time is trying to track down Global Man's identity. Plus there's Darlene who knows the secret. Much too do and many traps to avoid. Poor Ryan.
He's never afraid of risking his life and body but he's the biggest coward if it's about risking his heart. So he'd rather hurt himself and Amber than risk admitting to himself he's in love and telling her his secret. Does he really want to be forever alone in his life? Because as far as I remember that was the part that vexed him the most of being Global Man.
Anyway, Ryan is an intelligent guy (another point I like about him), so he'll figure it out. As soon as he allows himself to think about it, that is. :D Well, hopfully...
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »