Reviews for Me And Levi the story of a pre teen mom
Mandi Oechslie chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
I can't believe you're only 11. You have an amazing grasp of the English language for someone your age. This is amazing. The thought (and time) that you've put into these stories is quite extensive. Don't worry about people who stumble across this, and don't know you, and post mean things. It's because the subject matter you're tackling here is provocative, and original. The idea of a girl giving birth to a child of her own at the age of 8 is shocking and scary.

But you're right. People who don't know you have to no right to tell you how you should think, or what stories to tell. You are a unique, one-of-a-kind, very talented writer. Keep it up, kid, and don't take negative comments into your heart, because that helps no one. What you SHOULD do, however, is keep writing. Always. Because you have a real knack for it.
Maddie10 with ucat42 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I didn't get raped. It's a long story how it happened, and I am NOT going to explain it right here.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
We're you raped? Usually 8 year olds don't go around sleeping with other, what, second graders?
123nickie123 chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
that was endearing, whether its true or not i'm not commenting on that. The story is fairly accurate as to how hard and rewarding it is to have a child. yea, endearing pretty much sums it up for me.
Anglique chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Maddie,

It's not my job to judge you or not (who I am for!?) but I read some of your stories about Levi, and your words really moved me deeply. I think, no matter what happens in your life, a courageous and mature little lady. English is not my mother tongue, but you write simply and with a lot of emotions, so I understood everything. Continue to write and your talent will improve with the years!
JenniferT chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Ok, this story is well written. Nice words and a good grammer. But is it really true? No, it isn't, it's the great phantasie of a little kid, that wants to be a mother. This is not a bad thing, it's good! It shows a great imagination and a wonderful talent as a writer. I guess, Levi's real mom is very happy, that you feel so much love for her little boy. And your dad must be very proud of his little girl.
Go on writing and good luck for your future. I'm looking forward to your new adventures.
halfglass chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
awww you have a child that's so awsome
catcam00 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This is by far my favorite story. I can feel your emotions jumping off the page. Your are remarkably talented. Don't ever let anyone knock you down!
spndean chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
u really get into this story i like this 1 also.
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
The appeal of literature is its universality and the same is true for motherhood. The author doesn't "tell" her audience; rather, she invites us into her life as a new mother and "shows" us a few other universal truths.

This reviewer well empathizes with 2 a.m. feedings, restless nights, diaper rash (why, just WHY, smear white goop on a baby's behind?), and a teething baby.
Of all the things a brand-new human must deal with, teething is the absolute worst. A baby can't 'tell Mommy where it hurts,' let alone understand why it hurts.

It may not be objective, but this reviewer is solidly on the mom's side. Until you've walked the floor for hours, nearly asleep yourself, to sooth a fitful child... well, all I have to say is "stow it."

The author shows her love for little Levi as she details her fears of not doing right by him.

Is it enough to merely feed and clothe a child? Is it enough to go through the
motions of parenthood without feeding yourself what you need? Is it fair to attempt to raise a child alone?

MaddieB tackles these questions fearlessly. She does not merely dismiss the myth of the single parent, she dispels it. And she does so by questioning her own fitness and emotional needs. Even better, she does it in a conversational, intimate tone that includes the reader in her quest for self-knowledge.

As do her other stories, MaddieB's tale of Levi, his homecoming and her life with a newborn is full of human contradictions. "Can I, can't I, should I, what if I don't" are universal questions facing mankind and the author boils them all down beautifully into a day-by-day portrait of how one young parent answers each.

The description of little Levi's bath doesn't include bubbles or the water that got all over the floor, but the reader knows they're there and as real as little Levi's giggles. Readers who treat themselves are rewarded with an emotionally honest story.

I found this piece a breath of fresh air. The author writes without moral imperative or agenda. There are no hard and fast truths presented here. Any reader seeking either edification or judgement will have to move on.
Mellonie chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
You have a strong wisdom about the world and how we live in it. Each person has a story they tell and yours are very good. Keep up the good work!
Kay chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
You have a wonderful imagination Maddie. It will take you amazing places in life, and it is something that is hard to get back once it's gone. Keep on writing and exploring your mind, you have real potential :)
Laken chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Thanks for sharing your story, Maddie. It takes a lot of courage and you have plenty of that. Oh, and your father is one awesome dude for being so supportive. And Levi is one cute little guy. _
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
That is a very good and well written story, well done Maddie! Keep it up!
Tiffany T chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
To the poster before, Maddie has ADD, not whatever you claimed before. It's on various articles and in his book. My middle daughter also has that and sometimes it can be a challenge. So please get your facts right, what she has. Jim is a wonderful father. Here is just ONE of the many links (I'm on a quick lunch break so I CC&P'ed the first link I found. I also have Jim's book. (for the record, I do not watch Supernatural (my daughter does), but I watch Jim's other awesome shows! God bless you Jim. It's not easy sometimes, raising a child with ADD. You are a wonderful father and don't let anyone tell you different!

2009/06/08/jim-beaver-shares-what-to-do-when-lifes-that-way/