Reviews for In the Attic
Roninarnia chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
This was really creepy but very interesting. Also How can Bonnie live with Glen knowing he did that?
R.K. Iris chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I like Bonnie...she's looks mighty strong to me. And Glen, too, although saying why would be a spoiler, so... -
I enjoyed the story. I think a little more depth about the whole weird grandparents thing would've probably been for the better, but that's just me-I like looping and whirling. A little more on the characters would've probably been better, but that might either take the reader away from the story, or add to it, depending on how you work it.
It was a very good story. Not the author's best, but definitely a good read.

R. K. Iris.
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Ahh, I really like the way you built-up to revealing the grandfather's past. Definitely ominous, but not in the way I expected, so it felt like an interesting twist. :)

I feel like the base descriptions of appearance (hair color, eye color, and the mix of the two) at the beginning was a bit forced. It didn't feel necessary (for such a short piece) and it really stood out as something being pushed on the reader "The kid looks like a perfect mix of his mother and father" etc..

Other than that, though, it was neat. :)

- Moonstar
C.J. Black chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
She seems like a bit of a welcome mat if you ask me: Her husband was a homicidal kidnapper she just lent herself to him even though she knows what a terrible man he really is, Therefore she let him walk on her feeling he wouldn't hurt her, but I ask a question within my answer; How did she know he wasn't going to kill her children/grandchildren. But the way you portray her, she is the exact opposite of her husband, but I think there is more to her than you wrote about.

C.J.
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
To me, she seems like someone who is caring and loving, and regarding her husband, she lives him no matter what he does - or did. Good story, keep it up with the short stories, these are great!