Reviews for Magic Lesson
Y. S. Wong chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Sorry, took me longer than expected, but I'm here at last! Not bad for a one-shot. Pretty good world building for something under 2500 words too. Would love to see more from this universe.

I think you did a good job capturing the parent-child conflict while simultaneously giving us bits of info about the world they live in, that was done with wonderful care and expertise. Overall pacing is smooth as well, the story flows fairly well. Grayzag is a rather unmemorable character, but he fulfills his purpose. Terra of course is the key to the story and I liked her characterization. She strikes me as the unbridled type who struggles to control her emotions. Would have liked to see more of that, but that's hard to ask for in such a short piece.

On the technical side, not too much to complain about outside the typical proofreading errors. I noticed , for example , that you have a tendency to leave commas and periods hanging with unnecessary spaces sometimes . Not sure what that's about. The description is nice, though there's the potential that too much of it can bog down flow. So make sure to be aware of that. Occasionally I find that you have some slightly awkward word choices as well, but that's not really a major issue at all. All in all, tweaks here and there are all this piece needs, rather than being scrapped clean.
Clear World chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Yay. She made it. Ready well written, it makes me envy you when Ihave to look at my writing.
Imara Tephanee Aequor chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
It's good. I really liked the part where she manages use to her power! Update soon! I'll be following this story now!
Loraine Wentworth chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
This is great- really fun to read. Not only is your writing smooth and free of mistakes, you have created an interesting world with your descriptions.

I like the character of Terra. With a young but powerful character there is the risk of turning out to be a brat, but this wasn't the case here. She is funny and interesting to read about.

Anyway, I think this short piece hangs together very nicely with a clear plot and definieable, unique characters. I didn't think the ending of the story was weak at all. I'll be reading more of your works!
Rabukurafuto chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I'm sure about truly "strong", but your finishing paragraph was certainly fitting.

I thought this was a cute little story. I always wondered how difficult and frustrating it would be in real life to find magical talent like this. Well done.