Reviews for From the Window
Persevera chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I like the mother, of course. She's loving and wise and understands her son.
I don't like it that the story doesn't tell how old he is. It makes a difference in how he's perceived. After a certain age in which he should have adjusted some wha, he would be more self-pitying than sympathetic. It seems a small thing but at a really young age, like six or so, I can't see him saying "the damned chair". So I'm curious
C.J. Black chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
A mothers love truly is amazing isn't it? :'( I have to go call my mom... I love this one.
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Aww, I like that this ended on an uplifting note after such seriousness the rest of the way through. There were several bits that really stood out to me in the beginning. [In a world where fitting in was all that mattered...] and the idea that fate robbing him of the ability to walk also stole a less concrete thing - the ability to make friends. They strike so close to home and are very, very true, it makes the reader's feelings go out to Rick.

I feel like his emotions were a little rushed in the opening though. The first sentence presents anxiety or nervousness, but then the second sentence is already talking about tears. It feels like we made a leap there. You go on later to explain the reason for his crying, and I feel like the crying would have fit in better after the reader has a little bit to adjust to the mood of the piece. (In contrast to that, I think the build-up from "Fine..." to tears in his mother's presence was well-handled.)

- Moonstar
Luckycool9 chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I really like this story because it had a deep message, that everyone no matter what they are or how they are human. I disliked this story because it felt too short. it could work great as a full story about a wheelchaired kid.
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Great short story, seriously these short stories are getting better and better - keep it up!
Mayu Sun chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
That was so sweet and wonderful.