Reviews for Acquiescent with Solitude
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I liked how you maintained an almost serine quality to the narration even with the darkness of the subject matter. It was almost like an out of body experience because you reference yourself as “I” so it’s a first person POV but you also seemed intentionally unaffected with the voice structure you used. It was a strong parallel I think, because most people would go the opposite way i.e. using the narration to mirror the poem. It might just bee *me* and that was not your intention at all, but I really liked the contrast.

I didn’t really care for the repetition of “Acquiescent with Solitude” used several times throughout the poem. It is a strong statement and I liked it but there’s a very fine line between saying something to fill space and saying something with meaning, and I feel like by the final saying of it, it had already been used enough where it lost its initial power. Keep up the good work.

Much love,
Juliet.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
"I cry the saltiest tears, under a blanket of stars." That line is so beautiful! This poem is so true. I also love the line "I touch the thin veil, between my world and theirs, and I worry that perhaps I'll die alone." The part about being a fraud really got to me. I used to have these friends but once they got popular they dropped my like a hot potatoe. This poem is so amazing! Also, I think everyone worrys about dying alone. You just say it in a more beautiful and poetic way.
Angels Cry Tears Of Blood chapter 1 . 10/1/2012