Reviews for Somnolence
sammie chapter 4 . 11/6/2012
i am not sure where this is going. but i do want to see it and enjoy the ride.
Lady Dan chapter 4 . 10/25/2012
This is so... Wow..

Normally, I find sub/dom stuff distasteful due to questionable characterization, but I'm completely hooked! Gaaaah! I want more! :)
plumblossom chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
Honestly, I had a little trouble with the flashback structure up to now. This might be because of reading it as a serial, I don't know. It wasn't a lot of trouble. I knew there was a flashback going on, but until I re-read it I wasn't completely sure how much of it was flashback and whether we popped into the narrative present before now or not. I think I am now.

I do like that even after serious negotiations, and in a situation where consent has been made as explicit as it can be, these guys are simply not on the same wavelength at all. It's much more interesting than having completely complementary fetishes lining up and a parade of clockwork dances played out to confirm the usual BDSM platitudes.

Of course the usual happy ending would be for them to work their way in to being on the same page, but I think it would be more interesting for them to find a manner of living contentedly with each other not being aligned the same way . . .
plumblossom chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Just added this to my community so I'll have less reason to look at Adult fanfiction which always makes me want to wash myself with bleach when I browse their archive.
attagrl chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
I like that flashes between past & present. It's nice to see the progression.
attagrl chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Interesting start...this could very well be exactly what I've been looking for
krlsen chapter 4 . 10/22/2012
:D
marginal-utility chapter 4 . 10/21/2012
Daniel has gone a little crazy...
Naomi chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Ahhh! Mixed feelings! I just feel bad for Ian's date. But I guess it's economics. Opportunity cost and all that.

Even though Daniel really has potential with Ian, at the same time, his reasons aren't pure... So... trepidation!

I really love how you wove in details of potential-ness with Ian (the tears, crying, submitting to the embrace in the end) while maintaining details for the underlying reasoning and impure motives (try and forget Richard).

Really well-written!

Thank you for the update!
Selow chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Wait wait wait... does chapter 4 still actually take place before chapter 1? At chapter 3 I thought the timeline had continued from where it left off at the end of chap 1 but now it doesn't seem so. Are you intentionally confusing us? D:

Well anyway, it's a great story and I'm interested to see where it's going. Been checking your page every day for an update!
chibikodo chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
All I can say about Richard is: what a douche.

That said, I'm glad Daniel's pseudo-relationship with Richard crashed and burned. Ian will make Daniel's life more interesting and fulfilling. :D
semantics chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
I have a soft spot for exes so I hope at some point Daniel falls for Richard again and have no self control... :)
but Ian is really cute, and I enjoyed this work very much... not that into BDSM, so I'm happy to see Daniel doesn't get off on being submissive; that he actually has resistance and thinks it's not his style. Great work, and looking forward to the next chapter.
ladyfortune chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Love the latest installment. Poor Ian, he genuinely has feelings for Daniel. But, ugh, Richard...such a slimeball. No wonder Daniel is all twisted at the moment.
No name chapter 3 . 10/19/2012
Ur very good!
Jenny chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
So good! Maaaaaaaaoooor! Please!
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »