Reviews for Walk on my heart
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Hey! I'm here to share some exciting news. This story was added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: ‘Walk on my Heart’ by Dreamer Thinker is a real beautiful piece. Thanks to the repetition of two lines throughout the poem, a pace is kept and their message conveyed. Detailing the distressing emotion of being someone’s fall to person – the rebound – this poem will probably hit the heart chords of many. The first three stanzas detail how the narrator is fine with the way they are being treated, even if it is not how they should be treated, but then the final one hits a different tune. In my eyes, this sudden change of attitude shows how a person finally wakes up and realises that nothing is going to change so therefore it is time to make a stand. With stunning description, a visually captive layout and the use of repetition, ‘Walk on my Heart’ by Dreamer Thinker is a poem that will have you all clutching at your chest."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
Ams27 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Amazing. You put to words just what I'm feeling right now...
stuck in bed chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I really like this poem. I think it's got a good rhythm and pattern and it's easy to follow and to read. I think what makes it so special is the imagery you give us and how heart-breaking it. Although the person repeats "it's okay", it's clear that it's not and, as a matter of fact, she admits that at the end of the poem. In my opinion, it provided a good contrast with the earlier stanzas.

I also really enjoyed certain lines such as "I can't strew your path with roses if you won't let me", "I'm your rebound. I like that sound." and most of all, "Keep breaking my heart every day if it puts your heart at ease."

Again, I repeat, it's really nice to see how the girl "sacrifies" herself for the boy in order to make him happy but, at the end, she has to admit that she's not okay with the situation anymore.

Anyway, I'll end my long review here. Lovely poem. I hope you continue to write beautiful pieces such as this.