Reviews for The Birthday Party
Blind Justice chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Great job! I love the way it's equal parts horror and black humor. I'll be checking out the sequel, too.
Jake.NKY chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
That's a cool story. It seems like you are setting up a character that has roles in some other stories, but I haven't read any of your other pieces. Is this the case? I think some more with "Renata" would be interesting.
RedX9 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Wow, reminds me of d-gray man. Where no one even your loved ones could be trusted near you.
Although the thought of the uncle taking a bite out of the child is scary enough. I think you revealed it too soon at the beginning. So the suspense is cut by half by the time I read through everything. So I'm like "oh my god, its going to eat the baby!" at the beginning and then at the end I'm like "yup bastard ate the baby." It doesn't give me a sense of suspense at the end anymore although it still freaked me out.
She'sALady-SoTreatHerLikeOne chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I actually like this quite a bit. The shark teeth thing's pretty cool. You know I like gory details, messed up images, and the sort. I kind of got that when he took a bite out of the baby. That was messed up.

I like it. It's short, but interesting.
Pzychotic chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Okay first of all, the cover scared the hell out of me. IDK why but I'm afraid of teeth. I'm afraid of many things actually, including, but not limited to fire, heights, dirty public restrooms, loud noises, giant things...
Anyways, I like how you kept it short and raw and concise. If you started discribing everything it wouldn't be as scary. Ironically, I do enjoy scary things such as Slender & American McGee's Alice because they are scary and mysterious, but really intruiging in a way. Your story was like that. I really enjoyed the ending :D Although, idk how Mike's face was disembodied? Is that just figurative or did it really get like that?
I want to read your other stories b/c I love insanity & psychological thrillers, but do your other stories have scary covers too? D: Lol
TheSmith chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
This was really creepy!
And really well written. If I can find anywhere you can improve, I'll let you know, but as it is this flowed nicely together. It's also tickled my curiosity, I think I may have to make some time to read your other work :)