Reviews for Please Let Me Know
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I really liked this. I loved its ingenuity, brilliant. I loved the fact that its so unique and the *ring ring* makes it appear more realistic allowing you to understand the frustrations of the speaker.
Brilliant - really definitely my favourite piece of yours!
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Well this certainly is a defeatist poem. We feel the hope as the narrator pleads for the subject to pick up but all hope is dashed as the answer machine kicks in. The poem continues to introduce new levels of sadness or even disappointment when we realise the narrator has tried to call them 20 times and is still trying to no avail.

Superb, sad, disheartening, relatable, true and modern all at the same time. Fantastic job
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Poetically ambiguous, but descriptive in a way that isn't traditionally poetic...Creates a dialogue between the narrator and an answering machine, and even though we don't know the situation, we can feel the anxiety, the sense of urgency that the narrator feels, until the message plays, and all hope is lost. The "whisper...Of idiotic hope" only drives the defeatism of the piece home. Grim, modern, and situational.
True Talker chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I wish that I could call someone, I wish that I had the means to and if I had the means to I would ONLY do this if someone would want me to.