Reviews for The Temple of Sekhmet
darkworld777 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I like the character of Axe, but he comes off as odd. This is most because you make him out to be a determined killer, yet he seems so nice to other people. It's kind of weird, but whatever works. The setting is kind of weird as well, because the world that they are set in is completely fictional, but all the Gods and deities are all real, which makes for a sense of unevenness. The fight scene is good, as is the description of the characters themselves.
Jave Harron chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Okay, as a sucker for adventurer archaeologists, I checked out the story. I do have some mixed thoughts on it, however. Your character 'voices' are fairly distinctive, and it's easy to tell the characters apart. That said, much of the dialogue was pedestrian, and their manner of fact speech (plus their names) seemed too "modern" and casual for a pseudohistorical fantasy or adventure setting. The fantasy counterpart cultures/places seem somewhat lazy (although I'm guilty of this too) in name. The description was almost nonexistent, with very little detail (only the bare minimum), so there's little tension or fear when the villain is shown. I hope that these characters could be improved later.