Reviews for Halloween Nights: Resurgence
handna95 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Ok so I only had time to read the first chapter and I'm really sorry about that BUT your story was interesting so I'll probably find time later to read the rest. I liked how you tried to make your character's strife very palpable. I was able to completely understand all of Takeo's motives and what he was thinking/feeling. However, I thought that when Takeo was having inner dialogue, it was easier to follow and also easier to read when there wasn't any parenthesis interrupting the flow of thinking. I also thought that some bits were a bit over explained, aka his height, race, military. If you could explain that in a different way like you did when you said "And now to revert back to my training", that would make the reader grasp for more details. Other than those few parts, it was very good and I can't wait to see how the rest of the story plays out. I like the kitty character too, she sounds like she'll be important later. She sounds fuzzy too lol
Link Roc chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
HA! Oh man, this was a treat!

First off, I'm glad I'm not the ONLY guy who tries to give details on guns in some stories. I try modern zombie stories and for my characters, I do a LOT of gun research for makes, models, descriptions, accessories and ammo types. Guess you can blame the video game industry and a series called High School of the Dead for that.

Secondly, I really enjoy mythical creatures, personally. The undead, shape-shifters, spirits, all them boys and girls, they're some of my favorite stuff! Particularly the Japanese mythics, those are pretty cool.

Thirdly, love the anime references and SOOOO love Markus' hate for Twilight XD That part was just gold in my book, it really really was. Big anime fan and I personally enjoy the Asian culture, although I only know stuff about Japan or China at the moment. Also, friggin' HATE Twilight, so MAJOR points there, Takeo.

If there was anything that sticks out, and this doesn't REALLY bother me personally but I feel I should let you know anyway, is the HUGE amount of details. I mean, you give EXACT models of different cars, exact types of clothing and brands of flashlights that you use, stuff like that. I would say SOME people would feel it's an overload of excessive detail, but like I said it really doesn't bother me. I can see that it's your style of writing and I respect that. You keep at it the way you're going, Takeo, but don't be surprised if people say something about that angle. If they don't, then keep rocking on!

Story's pretty interesting so far!
fading.fiction.overdose chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Lol. I like this Takeo character, but I also feel kind of bad for him. He's snarky, knows about guns, and isn't a Gary Stu. And that's pretty rare. :o.

Oh, the changing tenses within the story was sort of confused me and it was a bit jarring also. Some of your paragraphs were also a bit too long and to me, they were quite intimidating.

Other than that, your story was quite captivating an humorous to read at times. I'll stop by and read another chapter later.

And taking in the fact that there are a lot of Japanese references within this story, I assume that you're an anime/manga fan?... /brofists. Awesome. C;

Also, if you would kindly review one of my own stories, Proxy, I would very much appreciate it :333