Reviews for You Needn't Stand With Me
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really liked this piece because for me it is relatable in the sense that I stood up and said something when others were content to live in someone else's shadow. I won't clog up this review with the messy details. I really liked the defiance and anger that suggests that the speaker only intended good whereas the others were content to live in misery. I really liked it but I did notice a slight spelling error, "the is wrong" when I think you meant "this is wrong". I assume this is a mere typing error which can get us all! Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't spot it :)

Great piece :)
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Very versatile and inspirational; independent of time, it describes the struggle of those who stand up for the other; the oppressed and the suffering. What I think is very special about this one is, not only would it have been just as relevant as it is today had it been written as many as 50 years ago, but it's just as relevant to personal struggles as it is to social struggles. And yet, at the same time, it never sacrifices a bit of passion or emotion for this ambiguity.

The people who stand up for what they believe in, even when they don't have to, will always suffer for it; and at the end of the day, it will always be worth every moment.
The Moon Howls At The Wolf chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Wow, such determination comes across here that its brilliant! I love the motivational aspect, in which you express that you will do it alone, but truly shame on everyone else for not doing what is right as well. This piece is beautiful! The only issue I have with it would be the seperation of the word silent from the line above it, it seems to disrupt the flow of the piece, even though I know it shouldn't logically. Keep Writing!