Reviews for The Male's Guide to the Female Mind
Apeirophobic Angel chapter 18 . 6/3/2013
wtf

lol, that's my reaction to this chapter, that old dude Atlas is a jerkkkk
Apeirophobic Angel chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
"Anyway, it was about a month into the school year when things started getting interested."
interestING, not interestED

"Before a dance, you always think you look amazing when you're done getting ready. No one else in your house is dressed up, so you feel pretty special. Then you walk into homecoming and everyone else looks twenty times better and more sparkly, and you're like, Oh."
Dude, totallyyyy *nods*

this seems super interesting (:
VelvetyCheerio chapter 17 . 11/5/2012
LOL! Why is Mars gonna hurl? XD If I were Amanda, I would be the one who was about to hurl, lool.

It surprises me that Mars is lower class. The way he acted was so snobby, wow, I can't believe it. He seemed like such a soft-handed aristocrat. I wonder what he's capable of. I wonder what life is like, actually, for the upper and lower classes. The state of affairs that was depicted when they walked through didn't really show any signs of overt poverty, so I wonder if Mars ever had to scrap on the streets to survive.

Very interesting system, the White Gems. I wonder what opposing forces Amanda has in her ring. Invisibility? o: That could really come in handy, considering she's a foreigner and all. Hmm. I wonder what allowed her to utilize the ring, though. This should be an interesting discovery.

I do hope her family is all right! I just want her to get this congress thing over with, it's nerve-wracking. xD Awesome update.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 16 . 10/25/2012
Ooh, exciting cliffhanger!

This chapter was very descriptive, but I thought it was interesting how Earth-like Charta is. Minus all the red, of course. xD The whole system is interesting. I don't know if any of that will be explained, though with the way the plot is going, I wouldn't be bothered if that stuff was skipped over. It seems like it would be pretty tedious, anyway.

Also, lol at Mars and his hot cocoa. xD

I wonder why those guards were so rude. Hmm. Did they not recognize them? Or maybe Jason's family had been banished to Earth for some sort of crime? o: Yeah, I can definitely seem some sort of plot twist in there.

[it looked part of the sky was coming down in the shape of a castle.] *like

Very interesting chapter. I'm really worried about them going before the Marovans. D: I wonder if they'll have Amanda's parents there, or locked up somewhere else. I just can't imagine what's going to happen, it's killing me.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 15 . 10/23/2012
[I took a breath, knowing I might risk this friendship, and pulled on his arm so that he pulled the wheel sharply to the right.] Oh, Amanda, lol.

It's scary that he would say it's a fact Amanda would die. o: Charta must be dangerous or something. I wonder if there will be dragons or something.

And yayayay! Mars! XD I knew he'd come back, haha.

[she won't be boiled from the inside out at 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit. I made things work."] Oh dear. XD

I'm excited to find out where they are transported to. I'm also curious as to where they took Amanda's family. Hopefully they're not dipping them in vats of boiling oil. D:

I enjoyed this chapter, good work!

Ashley Ayoub chapter 15 . 10/21/2012
ouch that didn't sound nice. can't wait for the next update
VelvetyCheerio chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
This is going to get really strange, really fast, I can tell. o:

It surprises me, though, that they are going to his homeland. It makes me wonder if Jason has been living in that house by himself. But on the house, what was going on in there? Was there a battle? What is going on?!

Also, "lexus" should be "Lexus".

["it's been…nice. We had…fun. But we can't do this anymore."] Lolz, what is his idea of fun? Ninjas and monsters and demons... Yeah.

I'm curious as to how their relationship will develop once they get to Charta, though. From what I can gather, Amanda is really blowing up this fantasy of hers, but the vibes I'm getting from Jason don't feel attractive. I do think he also cares about Amanda, but it seems like he cares about her the same way a soldier cares about a civilian. He sees her as a liability, not a love interest.

So glad to see your updates, this story is a blast to read. :)

VelvetyCheerio chapter 13 . 10/19/2012
OMG, yes! XD This is absolutely the best.

I love love loved it when Amanda admitted that Jason wasn't worth having her family kidnapped. Gah, you do not *know* how I want to smash my head into a wall when I read published books where the heroine is just "so in love" that she'll even disregard her own family because she thinks her being in love is the most important thing in the world. Seriously? In real life, people don't abandon their families for tail unless they are complete a-holes or emotionally unbalanced.

That shouldn't be romanticized. xD So thank you, for this blatant honesty and truth.

Something strange that I want to point out though: if Andy is Amanda's younger brother, how was it that he was able to leave the house for school in a car without an adult but Amanda isn't? I could understand if she was really lazy (like I was) and just decided not to get her license or whatever. I held off getting mine until I was 20, so... I could understand if she didn't want to. xD

[So I gathered myself together, rallied my strength, got a spine, and – sat down on the couch and started crying.] LOL, poor Amanda.

And omg, that creature thing. It's amazing how flawless the humor and action is interwoven, ugh, I'm so so jealous haha! The description of the creature screeching-in my head it was every scary monster sound I am terrified of. XD

Fantastic chapter, I loved it.

Ashley Ayoub chapter 13 . 10/17/2012
love the story i hope Jason adn her get together as a couple
StarryCat chapter 12 . 10/15/2012
This is REALLY good! I can't wait to read more :D
VelvetyCheerio chapter 12 . 10/14/2012
Review courtesy of the Review Marathon. Link in my profile!

I liked the dream sequence thing that Amanda had. What I liked about it in particular is that it involved Mars, and not just because I like Mars, but because it makes me think that maybe Mars was channeling a link to her. Like, maybe he was there in her dream because he had created a connection or something. It's not coming out of my head right. :\ I just wonder if this means that she has telepathic powers now. That would be so cool.

The mystery surrounding her family is chilling. It's also scary that she didn't hear them get taken away or anything. What's worse if they were taken while she was away with Jason! This suspense is very good, I'm digging it. It's just stringing me along. I have to know what happens next, I have to!

Kudos on this awesome story, keep it up! :D

VelvetyCheerio chapter 11 . 10/14/2012
I like Mars. XD He's very funny. He's also very strange. I suspect he may become an ally for Amanda.

The interaction between Amanda and Mars was priceless. I love how brusque he was with her and how freaked out she was getting and how unchanged he was by her freaking out. It seemed so natural. Especially when he asked her for hot cocoa, like he thought her some lowly human servant. I hope Mars comes back. He's very funny. xD

VelvetyCheerio chapter 10 . 10/14/2012
Ooh, another cliffhanger! This is so fun, I love cliffhangers. And with the way things have been turning out, I'm very excited to know what Amanda is seeing. The suspense is perfect, it's really dragging me in.

I have to commend you on your action scenes, too! They are at just the right pace to keep my engaged. I love Amanda's thoughts throughout. My goodness, she makes all this so much easier. I think I'd be a wreck if it weren't for her hilarious commentary.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
Oh no! Something I just realized that I didn't realize before until this chapter. You use a lot of superfluous dialogue tags. Honestly, I would have never noticed this until the very last line of dialogue by Jason and the word "articulated". That's just, too extravagant. You also use said, and believe me, there's nothing wrong with said. It's a wonderful word. Your story has been so fun and engaging that I haven't noticed that you've been using these dialogue tags, but try not to use very strange dialogue tags in the future. They can take away from the story in huge ways.

I did like the way Amanda described her experience on the motorcycle. It was exciting and vivid. I could see her on the back of the bike, enjoying herself.

And what a cliffhanger, though! I'm worried for them, hopefully things work out okay. o:

VelvetyCheerio chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
Jason's mystery intrigues me. I wonder who he really is. I bet he's like, a prince of darkness or something. Hmm. I like how he's trying to keep the situation contained, though. He's so casual, but it does make me wonder how often things of this nature occur. I wonder if he's even told anyone. o: Maybe he's worried about being disgraced or something.

Another thing that I'm liking so far is the progression of the plot. It's not too fast, but it's also not slow. It's one problem being handled at a time. The supernatural isn't being forced on us in impossible doses, it's gradual and makes me want to know more. Good work!