Reviews for The Photographer
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Wooh! Story a success. It's a boy!

I think this is a succinct, almost flawless little gem. You manage to put a lot into very little space.

And this story is just crying out for a psychoanalytic interpretation, which I think you'd appreciate me saving for a PM. Or, if you want, just tell me not to say it. I won't mind.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Hiiiiiii!
I love your introduction. It's clear and beautiful, we literally see things through the eyes of the photographer, and you describe it in a very precise and accurate way. I got into the atmosphere right away, and that made it easy to read on with the right view in mind.
I love how he sees Raphael through his lens that first time.

"The man's presence seemed to be progressively seeping outwards to fill his vision, a physical impossibility. A matter of focus. Interesting. Noise in a picture did not bring focus." This is one perfect little part. It's so cool he way you phrase things in this story.

"The bridge was smooth and solid beneath his feet ... Surprise. He registered surprise." I love that part. Just love it.
Also your part about the magazine pages. The images you use are so strange but powerful! This story talks to the senses.

One complaint: the talks with Raphael were way too short. I didn't have any time to get to like him. Otherwise: wonderful. Great job of greatness, very unique story.