Reviews for Judge Me
Lacee Clark chapter 30 . 9/16/2014
I really love this story. The characters are fun and the world is intriguing and you have a lot of wonderful creative ideas. :) However, it seems as if there isn't really enough world building. We don't get a lot of the main characters' thoughts on how they feel they fit into their world. Darren doesn't seem to be very resentful that nobody will give him a chance and any time his living situation and history is brought up it's very quickly glossed over, and we don't actually SEE him having a hard time getting the officials and leaders to believe him. That, and with his dad being mentioned as having betrayed the village... what did he do? What's so bad? You brought up that VERY interesting tidbit, yet it hardly has any impact on the plot (I want his dad to have something to do with Beth and Anthony trying to attack the leaders). Even if Cindi doesn't believe he's like his dad, she'd probably at least be a little suspicious, even if she's completely willing to give him a chance. She doesn't seem to be a blind optimist at all.

Also, we never really get a good explanation on WHY Beth and Anthony are attacking the village. All we get is 'she's a psychopath' and 'he's a sociopath'.

That being said, it's intriguing to have the magic and the way the society figures out how to place each person within it. I like the different kinds of magic and how they bind the childrens' powers when they're little so they don't accidentally blow stuff up. (And I want to know more about how it works in this world!) With magic I'd think there'd be an easier way to Judge a person rather than having a questionaire. I was a little thrown off with that, because most leaders would figure that some kids would try to fudge their answers in order to get the position they want rather than need. Not everyone's as honest as Cindi. And if magic was involved, that would insinuate that the person in charge of Judging would be somewhat involved in Beth and Anthony's plot to overthrow the village).

I'd also work on the characters' relationships a little. At the beginning it feels like they just barely met when they grew up together. Wouldn't their parents be more involved with their kids doings and shaping them to the people they are?

This sounds like such a harsh review, but I promise I really do like the story! I just think it needs more, is all. Like maybe an extra 30k? It'd help flesh out the world a little more and resolve some plot holes. (I reeeeeally want to hear more about Darren's dad!)
Guest chapter 8 . 10/4/2013
Thank you for that no triangle comment, I can't tell you how sick of them I am, the way I see it, if you can't decide between two dudes(or girls) then maybe you don't deserve either of them.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/4/2013
Okay question, I'm not sure if I just missed it or not, but you never actually described what Elizabeth looks like, you described Darren, Anthony and Cindi(kind of) but not her.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/4/2013
Lol her dad is lying on the ground coughing up blood, why did she take the time to pick up her books and brushed them off.
Kirihime chapter 30 . 9/2/2013
love love love love love love! Omg this was amazing.
Ray-Anne chapter 30 . 7/31/2013
This was quite interesting. I liked the concept. A little bit of the Giver meets thatonenovelIcan'tthinkof.

Good writing
Ume2Plum chapter 30 . 6/16/2013
Thank you so much for writing this story. It was cute and enjoyable till the last chapter.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/11/2013
What did she put as the answers to her judjing papers? You missed a great moment to build character, value charge, story spine, and layering.
inkspots chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
Hello! I've been absolutely loving our stories since I discovered them a few days ago. :) I'm really glad to have stumbled upon your work. You have a great voice and I love how you develop your characters and their relationships. Just thought to pop a review to say that the quote you used in this chapter is actually from Monica's song, Angel of Mine (which is a lovely and sweet song). :) Just in case you'd have liked to know. More power to you and your writing! :) I look forward to reading more by you.
whatdotheydream chapter 30 . 2/28/2013
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY! I want to be the honary maid of honor! And the honary godmother! Oooooh, imagine what a nice grandmother Darren's mother would be! . This was so adorable! I love this epilogue! I'm sad it's done though... :(
whatdotheydream chapter 29 . 2/28/2013
Cindi magic! That was cute! Haha, that was funny when she rejected the offer to become a warrior! . I liked the little speech she gave, it was sweet. .
whatdotheydream chapter 28 . 2/28/2013
HAHAHAHAHA! In your FACE, Anthony! He's sure getting what he deserved! Magic's his forte, huh? Not anymore! .
whatdotheydream chapter 27 . 2/28/2013
Ewwwwww, math! . Awww, this was really cute, ESPECIALLY the end! ;) Ohhhhhh, but Beth and Anthony are such brats!You did an extremely good job at disguising their personalities, I never would've guessed!
whatdotheydream chapter 25 . 2/28/2013
OMG! Sorry I've been gone, I've had no internet! I'm so sad I didn't get to comment on your lovely chapters! I still will, even though ypu've already finished. T-T Kawaii is cute in japanese, my friend is taking language classes, so I know. . This chapter was so cute! Her dad was so frickin REAL, I could imagine my dad doing that, haha! It made me laugh! The interaction between Darren and Cindi was super-duper KAWAII! Eek, assassins! They give me nightmares! They're so cold and evil!
breatheforlove2m chapter 30 . 2/23/2013
I really really love this story, for me it was short and sweet not too much drama which I really liked about it. It was also really easy to understand and flowed very well, so thank you for writing this!
229 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »