Reviews for What Colour Is Oblivion?
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
There is so much I want to say about this piece, much of which I don't know words for, and so little time, but I'll give it my best. I find this is more abstract than a lot of your other work, and as much as you have a talent for situation-based, unstructured poetry; you still shine in the structured, philosophical realm. I particularly like the repetition in this poem (...Then I remember...), and how the end goes right back to the start, giving the whole thing a strong cyclical feel. The shift from the real back to the contemplation of oblivion at the end is particularly seamless, and put together with the overall cyclical feel it almost seems as if the cycle started somewhere in the middle. Great work, and congratulations on the mostly rigid structure, I know from experience that's never easy to work with or make work.
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Well it is such a thought provoking topic because no one really knows what is waiting for us when we die. I do like that it expanded from such a small piece to this because it was perfectly detailed and had a nice flow to it. I do like the imagery and contrast when you mentioned whether oblivion is black or white. It's nice to that binar opposites. There was something, really just a pick point but I didn't feel like 's**t' should be used. I guess I'd have preferred and artisy way of saying that. But that's just a suggestion - nothing else I would want you to change. Honesly I don't think you do have to change anything - I was just being a little picky. Anyway fine form as always!
True Talker chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
If it matters I DON'T hate anyone. I tend to not like the lack of choices that I have made. If this were about me I would say that I DON'T want someone to die. Why? Because my soul is alive because his has awakened mine and without someone my internal light would fade and disappear. Why? Because someone is the one who inspires me - who makes me see beauty. Thank you for making me think. SERIOUSLY. By the way if this is about me - my subconscious and me wants to let YOU in.