Reviews for The Wonderland
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
This makes me see a grave yard with a cold lost child weeping over loss. I'm not sure what you were going for, but that's what i think of, that moment when you're doing your best to escape the loss at present and look for another place in your mind to take you away. This is an eery haunting piece, it has many layers to it i'd say. Very nice!
Loti-day chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Going slightly off of what the previous reviewer said perhaps the decaying rose- a symbol of a dying wonderland, the blood of lives already lost, the crow (as previously said, a common symbol of death) warning that there is really nothing to fear in the inevitable end, the weeping people bemoaning the loss of their dying civilization- the magic fading from the land. And the memory-child (ghost) telling them that the magic is already gone, nothing can be done. This interpretation might be overly depressing, but I felt the story was pretty morbid. Wonderful read though!
UnfantisticDaydream chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I love when the bird speaks, really eerie.
I think cus it's a raven it's a symbol of death...telling the child to not fear death or maybe even fear it'self and take life head on!
And the memory-child is a ghost, the omnipresent ruler of the place...turned evil from the loss of magic?