Reviews for Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
CatAndCrow chapter 6 . 5/17/2013
The rising action was so dang AWESOME. I loved it, but the ending seemed rather abrupt. Maybe you could lengthen it with more detailed descriptions of the climax, because that climax went by faster than a racecar with jet-engines.
Irony'sFriend chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
I really enjoyed this story! It was short, simple, and entertaining. I liked the characters and the bond they shared. I also liked how you used The Raven throughout the story. All together, it was very good! Great job!

Keep writing!
Irony'sFriend chapter 5 . 12/11/2012
She's alive! I really liked how Luke Wallace quoted The Raven. I thought it added a nice eerie touch to the story. Exciting!
Irony'sFriend chapter 4 . 12/11/2012
Okay, I think I like where this is going now... To be honest, I didn't expect that, and the last line of this chapter gave me a thrill. Celia going one-on-one with the serial killer. I like that a lot.

Coincidentally, I'm listening to "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm right now, and it fits PERFECTLY. If you've never heard it, you should look it up!
Irony'sFriend chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
Oh, no! I'm really nervous that this story won't have a happy ending... I hope they pull through! And Eric! I sincerely hope he's okay, but I'm scared that he might not be... If it all falls on Celia's shoulders, I just hope she can handle it.
Irony'sFriend chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
Oooh, creepy! I liked the description of the odd man, and the contradiction between Celia's and Stacy's reactions.

And the blood! I really hope none of the siblings get hurt D:
Irony'sFriend chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
What an intriguing beginning! I don't normally like horror, but this seems like an interesting little story. Not to mention, I love family bonds and such, so I like seeing the siblings interact. I look forward to more!
MagicWords chapter 6 . 12/9/2012
Yay, he is alive! I think it would have been more exciting if Eric, even injured, had come to her rescue on the cliff! Oh well. Sibling connections rock, and you made this one lovely.

The end sent shivers down my spine- if he is alive, you could totally make a rockin' sequel. Have Wallace track them down at their grandparents' house. I would read it in a heart beat.

So good. I'll probably read it all again in the future. The suspense was lovely. :D
MagicWords chapter 5 . 12/9/2012
Yay, she did it! Good for her! Now to find Jason and Stacey...and hopefully Eric. I'm still holding onto the fact that he is still alive and will take care of them.
MagicWords chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Cecy is so brave, protecting her siblings like that. I hope Eric turns up soon!

I like how Jason tries to be brave, but he is still so young that he's fearful- - pretty accurate for a teenage boy :)

Gosh this story is so good. I'm glad i favored it a while ago!
MagicWords chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
I feel like Cecy and Eric would have been more shocked about their parents death. I guess in the heart of the moment, they have to think about survival rather than the death of others. That's a worry for a safer time.

I don't think that Eric is dead. Hopefully he saves them in the end. I always love protective big brothers in stories, so I will be so sad if he's gone.

Gosh this gives me chills!
MagicWords chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
Creepy creepy! I feel bad because this family seems so nice and close. I'm going to hate it if bad things start to happen to them :(

I would have whacked my sister, too. Great, now the murderer knows that part of their family is outside...unless he already knew and they're dead :(
MagicWords chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
You drew me in instantly. The family dynamic is clear and interesting. I like how you introduced the family members by where they sat in the car.

I'm excited to see what's next- also, I'm a little scared.