Reviews for Captain Bones
Frayling0 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Great little ghost story! You did the dialogue really well - piratey speech is often done with a ton of cheese, but I think you did it all pretty effortlessly. I enjoyed the shocking gore at the end too, nice to end on a brutal note. I like the fact you told the story that spawned the ghost story, rather than simply the ghost story itself. Nice work!
Argentum Vir chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Pretty decent. I enjoyed it even though I'm not usually a fan of pirate stories. The battle at the very beginning wasn't very clear at all. At first I thought they were on the boat when he killed the captain. Then I realized they were on the island and the others were just being slaughtered by the soldiers.. You may want to revise how the beginning is told. Other than that it's a solid telling and I enjoyed reading it.
Ink Flows Into Power chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
A very good piece, I find very little I can possibly scrutinize in this story. The only real thing that I think I could say is that the battle at the beginning is not very clear until later, and there is no real fighting involved. I personally think that some swords clashing would make it more...pirate-y (pirate-like? pirate-esque? pirate-ised?).

I thought that the characterisation was very good though and my only criticism on that is that you never really stated how Bones felt when he was betrayed by a crew member. Also, why don't you make Mad Dog a killer blow by having Bones trust him more.

Very good other than that and indeed it did chill me a little, but then I never read this kind of story so that may be a factor! Well done!