Reviews for The Right Thing
Whatisit chapter 22 . 7/31/2016
I think I already read this once, years ago, but I really enjoyed it again. I really liked the characters, and how important all the relationships and characters felt. Even the secondary characters felt pretty complete. Thanks for a pleasurable read!
zeljko chapter 22 . 9/30/2014
Beautiful sorty! I loved it! Thank you.
demoness of music chapter 22 . 7/11/2014
_ yum ah this was super cute!
Insanity Fuels My Imagination chapter 22 . 3/23/2014
Well, that was a roller coaster ride of angst and happiness, though I'm glad everything worked out well in the end. Even Marcel got over his anger and accepted Jacob in the end.
Jenny scared me in the last few chapters; I kept imagining her with crazy hair and a slightly foaming mouth since she seemed to have gone insane.
Anyway, I loved it. Definitely time worth spent reading it.
Starlite Nightfall chapter 22 . 1/19/2014
I absolutely loved this story! I feel that it ended a bit abruptly on chapter 22 though. I was quite looking forward to Daniel's "first time" and then I suddenly am reading "Afterwards Daniel lay..." and I'm like WHAT!? I adored these characters and this was just a great plot and I was so drawn into it that I read it all in one go. It's 4am here and I think I started at about 8pm! I can't feel my butt, but it was totally worth it. Gorgeous writing and depictions and descriptions. Some of the grammar was a bit confusing and also I am American so a few little things here and there confused me about your phrasing, but it didn't take away from the legibility at all. I loved loved loved this! Wonderful work and I'm proud of you for being so diligent and completing it! lol That is no easy feat in the midst of living life, but you definitely have one more pleased fan because of it! I am favoriting the story of these two gorgeous guys!
Nock chapter 22 . 1/14/2014
Nice story. The beginning especially. :-)
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 22 . 1/2/2014
Awwwh!A sweet ending,perfectly done to that awesome story!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 9 . 1/1/2014
Aaahhh!Weeeeell,now now,kids!God,they have such horrible timings sometimes!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 6 . 1/1/2014
Mmmm!nice one here,I liked how Daniel's story is coming out like that,I do feel awfully bad for him though!But he seems to be getting into that first moments of falling for someone new very hard and fast!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
Ohohhoohho!No wayyyy!Daniel just went bold,did he?!loool!Great chapter!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Oh myyyy!Nice meeting there,I liked how both of them have that slightly judgmental thinking at first meeting going on here!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Wow!The descriptions were so perfectly done,not too much but just right to give a good the way everything comes out slowly,I really like the way you write already,and the characters so far too,both of them,I can't hate any of them for doing what they are doing but i already feel bad for the kids!
Demonturntables chapter 22 . 12/23/2013
This feels so realistic something that would actually happen
Yugima chapter 22 . 11/23/2013
I have been reduced to a puddle of melted blubbering happy mush. So many warm and fuzzy feels!

Great ending to a great story! Bravo!
Yugima chapter 18 . 11/22/2013
I love this story! At first I was reluctant because, based on the summary, I though it might be just another botched attempt at writing about a real life gay relationship (as oppossed to fantasy stories where both the relationships and intimate scenes far exceeded any reality). But by the end of the first chapter I found myself thoroughly proved wrong. I was hooked!

I really love how real you have kept things. Everything from the pace of Jacobe and Daniel's relationship to the family dynamics. Despite the fact that the hole Daniel is in only seems to get deeper, its all realistic. Its sad, but every one of the homophobic reactions you decribe, the situations Daniel, Jacob, and Marcel and Carmen are but in are well within the realm of reality. This could (and does) really happen in today's world, as much as I wish it didn't. Never underestimate what people would do when faced with something they do not agree with. And in the case of homophobia, it can get ugly fast.

Ive nearly bawled my eyes out after the scenes where Marcel is bullied by his "friends". I want nothing more than to hug the kid. And Daniel, god, the poor man cant catch a break. I do hope Jacob comes back and gives him the support he so desperatly needs. Poor baby.

So, keep it up! I'm loving it!

I do have one questiong though in this chapter. When you said "Their oldest kid, the one he hadn't fathered, was almost four now" are you saying that Jacob helped his Lesbian friends by fathering children for them? Just a little unclear is all.

Thanks!