Reviews for When the Clock Struck Midnight
E.M.Bryant97 chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
Sorry this has taken so long! Marianne and Henry's relationship is really interesting. And Ivan seems like a mysterious character. Great job so far!

E.
sanguine eyes chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This seems really good so far! I like your characterization of Elena; how she left Russia, winked at Billy and made no effort to fend off her murderer. It really shows how delicate she is/was. I look forward to reading more of this story! Good job!
MushieGirl chapter 16 . 11/29/2012
Oh how incredible this chapter was...you portrayed the confusion and terror so very well, and this going on trying to solve a murder. Fantastic job on this story, can't wait to see how this all comes out in end..

MushieGirl chapter 8 . 11/25/2012
Love this story...the attention to historical detail, woven in nicely so it isn't just an information dump. The characters - Henry and Marianne and their failed romance, but still loving one another. The mysterious Russians who have a link to Elena...this is such a wonderful story, and I still need to find out if they survive the ordeal of Titanic.

Just a suggestion - if Henry and Marianne survive - and I hope they do - you ought to make them a series, solving mysteries during historical periods...can do so much there.

MushieGirl chapter 6 . 11/23/2012
Awesome chapter...poor Marianne has a lot to contend with while trying to sort out this mystery I think. A brother, a very protective one - as brothers should be, Henry and his cheating on her while she still loves him, and Ivan...suspicious and still mysterious air about him.

That nightmare certainly didn't help her.

MushieGirl chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Wonderful chapter :)

The history of the ship is nicely woven into the story so that it doesn't feel like an information dump, and a little bit more on Marianne's and Henry's past. Seems like they haven't talked of it a lot and are perhaps beginning to.

Ivan on board as well...he seems to know a lot of things, but is still a mysterious character :)

MushieGirl chapter 3 . 11/20/2012
Good, very good stuff...love the mystery - can't say that enough and am intrigued by Henry and his relationship with Marianne. They seemed to have been quite close at one time and am curious to know what happened. Like the tension between them.

Boarding the Titanic soon now, can't wait how all this works out...

MushieGirl chapter 4 . 11/7/2012
Am liking this story very much...the detail, the dialogue, the mystery. Excellent writing

MushieGirl chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Love stories about the Titanic and of course I love mysteries, so I will be reading this one with anticipation on how you work through it :)