Reviews for Stranger
LittleC chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
love this :)
sapphireshadow15 chapter 2 . 11/13/2012
You were most likely heading towards a tribute to soldiers, but me having the crazy imagination I have, I am reminded of samarai apprentice-ship. Loyalty, faith, ambition for honor, that's what it reminds me of. Once again...you probably weren't going for that, were you...0_0
"You saved me from a deadly match" makes me think of a soldier/samarai defending someone bravely in battle. In response, the person of interest requests to be taught by that hero. Their friendship strengthens, but eventually that person is lost to war. The person is thanking them for their selflessness. Great job! I'm fav'ing this. :)
Sapphire
My Hidden Words chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
Also very good!
One comment: I try not to critisize and it's not rally critisism it's just the end of the second line :"Protecting someone who you are not kin" might be better as "Protecting someone who's not your kin"
Other than that I really enjoyed this! It's actually hard for me to find poetry and writing I like but this is awesome!1
My Hidden Words chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
I was going to read the rest but I have to say how good this is! Love the last two lines especially!
Starry-eyed Starfish chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
THE. LAST. POEM.
Are you ready for a mind-blowing review? (( probably not as mind-blowing as the piece but hey ho... ;) ))
The metaphors in this were really interesting and cool :D I like how you used both water and fire, like clashing elements - how these two people should clash but they don't; they fit together and they work together to protect one another even though sometimes, when they get too close, they may burn or drown the other :'(
It's almost as though the character has been led through hardship, a hardship in its own, and has finally reached the end of the tunnel, where they can walk alone once more...
Poetic *o*
It also reminded me of learning how to be stronger, to deflect the pain others inflict upon you by putting on a mask/a straight-face/ or just someone else's expression (( pretending to be a stranger )) in order to defend yourself :)
Keep writing