Reviews for The Beautiful Game
Carmel March chapter 26 . 7/24/2014
I read through all 26 chapters in one go - I didn't want to stop! I absolutely love the football premise and all of the characters. I can't wait to read more!
AMessofPickles chapter 26 . 7/24/2014
I have this terrible habit of reviewing all of my alerted stories after I've updated my own story. Which means that sometimes it can be so so long before I review a story (so that's what is happening right now). Anyway, on to the review!

God I love this story. The character, the plot, everything. I'm so glad we got a little update about Alma and Victor's love life since I absolutely adore those side characters. I'm really hoping a good majority, if not all, of their story is resolved by the end of Cami and Jared's story! Speaking of which how long are you planning to make this? (Not that I'm complaining!)
Hopefully everything between Alma and Victor works out. It seems like communication is a huge problem with them and I hope they work through that together! :)

Now on to Cami and Jared. Oh my gosh. I was squealing the entire time they were together for their cheesy little date. I'm actually such a sucker for cheesy things so I didn't mind a bit. Speaking of s'mores I want some so so bad after reading this chapter! Also I'm so so glad that they became an official couple! God that kiss at the end was fantastic. I loved the way you described everything at the beach.

Anyway, great chapter! I really enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one! I'm actually really curious which way you'll take the story now since it seems like you're tying everything up. I also hope you're well :)

My plans for summer include finishing up TOW! And finally doing something with all the plot bunnies running around my head :) I'm super excited for those actually so hopefully I can get some serious writing in this week and the next. Also I went to Spain in June for a band trip and that was fantastic! I had a lovely time and I actually thought about this story since the World Cup was going on and people were speaking Spanish and there were so many cute guys in Spain :P

Anyway, how is your summer going? Did you enjoy watching the world cup?
mylittleprincess chapter 26 . 6/2/2014
beautiful chapter! and the story almost ending damn it, update please :D
AMessofPickles chapter 24 . 5/3/2014
Oh god the water fight had me cracking up so hard! Like I said I really like Neal and his friends' dynamic. They seem like great fun. Annnd I could totally relate to Cami's struggle of running. I should really be in better shape but, alas, nutella and I are in a committed relationship and will be for a very very long time. (Well at least until marching band season XD).

Now on to the big stuff. Cami and Jared.
Wow okay the confrontation scene was actually incredibly heartfelt and I felt like I was struggling with them. It was so so nice to finally hear Jared's side of the story, and I could feel Cami's frustration when she was trying to get the ball into the goal. And I loved how they worked through everything actually. It really shows how far they've come since the beginning. Just Jared's comment about a lack of communication really hit the nail on the head since that's what they've been struggling with since the *very beginning*.
Oh and of course I loved the necklace that he gave her. That was wonderfully sweet, and especially that kiss afterwards. Aw. I completely melted.
But wow that was one heck of chapter.

Congratulations to you for completing that beast of a chapter. It was so long and that's really something to be commended on! So kudos to you! And man I'm really really gonna be so incredibly sad once this story is over. It's been a really great ride, and I've loved every sentence of it. Cannot wait for the next update!
AMessofPickles chapter 23 . 5/3/2014
Eep! I really really loved the scene between Alma and Cami. That was great and I missed their interactions! Honestly, they're one of my favorite friendship pairings. I just love how much their personalities compliment each other.
Also wow I wasn't expecting Chris to get into a huge fight with Jared. Also I wasn't expecting Alma to smack Emma in the face (although I can't pretend that I wasn't super pleased with that. Emma really deserves after all the lying she's done).
AMessofPickles chapter 21 . 5/3/2014
Eep yay! This chapter made me so happy!

What do you think:
I really really loved the interaction between Cami and Neal. I agree that she could use an unbiased friend in this situation right now (even though I adore Alma and Victor) and I was a little surprised at her impulsive behavior. I get that emotions were running high and she was already upset with Emma but it made me sad to see her trust the news of what was essentially a gossip website so willingly. Poor Cami though.

Opinions on Emma and Jared:
Oh god. I hate Emma. Hate her sooo much. She's despicable and I hate how manipulative she is. She's got some talent if she's able to make Cami second guess everything. And Jared...hmmm. I'm not so sure. I definitely want to hear what he has to say since he has a lot of explaining to do.

Is Jared guilty or not:
Hmm right now I'm going to have to go with no since I believe that Emma is the real culprit here.

Should Cami have stayed?
Like I said before, I think that she was making a rash decision when she left. After everything that she and Jared have been through I thought she was a little unfair in leaving him so quickly without giving him a chance to explain.

Anyways on to the next chapter!
AMessofPickles chapter 20 . 5/3/2014
Okay wow it's been so long since I've reviewed! I'm so sorry about that. Life's been keeping me far too busy. But now I have some time!

Anyways, wow Emma was very very irritating in this chapter. I cannot even believe that she slapped Cami, like what even. That was beyond disrespectful and I was so angry that Cami ended up listening to whatever scum came out of her mouth after that point. Not only that but she defended her? (Okay I guess I can believe that since I'm sure she didn't wanna stir up any trouble before Jared's game...but still! XD)
Anyway, this was a fantastic chapter overall, and I'm happy with the way Jared took care of Cami after what had transpired. However, I was a tad bit disappointed that he continues to disregard his career in favor of making sure that Cami is okay. I think there should be a good balance of both and it seems like he's struggling to find that balance because he doesn't wanna loose Cami.
Basically, they still need to work things out, but I'm enjoying their slow progression as a couple nonetheless!
Now on to part 2!
jerrellsgirl112606 chapter 24 . 4/30/2014
I love this I can't wate to read more please please update soon! I want to know what will happen to emma and see what kind of truble she gets in.
mylittleprincess chapter 24 . 4/29/2014
OMG! I love it :)
K'MI.974 chapter 24 . 4/29/2014
Love it!
courtnestle chapter 24 . 4/29/2014
WOW what a fab chapter. i love love love this story. i honestly cant describe how much i love all yours works. so amazing. i wrote some super long thing about it a long time ago and what i said then is still true now. you are inspiring and completely awesome with your talents. good work :)
cu-12 chapter 23 . 4/3/2014
Eek! I'm excited about how things are wrapping up! That being said, I've come to a conclusion. Last time I reviewed, I was pretty irritated with Cami for not growing up and just running away. But I've also decided that Jared didn't do much better given that he hid the media news from her again so that she got blindsided again. So they both have to get their act together and work on their communication. iWhich I hope they do soon. Please? I'm super happy with this update and hope you update soon!
renegade01 chapter 23 . 4/2/2014
Ooooh it'll be cool if Jared is there! ;-)
jerrellsgirl112606 chapter 23 . 4/1/2014
I just love this story it is just amazing! I just don't want it to end! I hope that Jared and Cami get togethe! Emma is such a bitch I can't stand her. Please please update soon I really want to read more of this amazing story and keep up your amazing job.
Guest chapter 23 . 4/1/2014
i love this alot i cant wait to read the nxt chapter..cnt wait
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »