Reviews for The Ocean Bride
darkworld777 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I like how you space the story out over a long period of time. Most one shots are based in one moment of time or a scene or an hour, so to see a single chapterstory that could easily be encompassed over multiple chapters is an interesting element to include. I also like how you ended the story, as it feels like a tragedy and a romance at the same time, even though the ending is supposed to be happy in nature. No person should have to go through something like that, even though everyone does.
seredemia chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Aah, I admire you for writing something that you would normally not write. I love writing fantasy too, but I enjoy putting romance into, and as a romance enthusiast, I really liked this story. So nope, no complaints or anything from me. I thought you did a good job :)

As this is a oneshot, I expected that the romance wouldn't be as in-depth as it would be in a story. Given the circumstances, I still liked how you developed Calla and Gordon's relationship. I kind of suspected that she would be a mermaid. It's nice how you made them fall in love, despite the differences in their personality and age. That part was sweet. Only criticism I have is that the ending seemed a bit rushed to me. Aside from that, it was a good attempt on a genre that you wouldn't normally write for. Great job :)